spc
uniqs
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to grohgreg

to grohgreg

Re: Gen4 and web acceleration

people that bring up the contract terms, etc. and believe they are reasonable are the same people that never drive over the speed limit. in most cases they drive below the damn speed limit.

be a good corporate citizen, while they bend you over the barrel and ram you with that big red, white and blue phallic instrument.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by TexasRebel:

be a good corporate citizen, while they bend you over the barrel and ram you with that big red, white and blue phallic instrument.

OR
exercise a little personal responsibility, to include resisting impulse buys.
Short version; read before you sign.

//greg//
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

I already knew about the contract line of BS. There's simply no need to make customers sign a contract for 2 years and require them to pay for a sub standard level of service.

The technology works well if it's not purposely crippled due to what a group of executives thinks how it should perform.

I would have stayed with Exede12, but it wasn't my choice. Some jackoff in legal didn't like my verbal tirade towards the company when they started enforcing the DAP and then claiming that LNFZ (Late Night Free Zone) never used up data in your plan, when it actually did.

HNG4 should be set to deliver wide open throughput and the data caps should be like what is on Cable/DSL. When EchoStar 17 reaches 90% capacity, put another high bandwidth satellite up. Necessity is the mother of all invention and innovation.

Hell with the money that AT&T and Verizon makes, they could've
parked a dozen of these high bandwidth sats in orbits and still made
quite a profit in the long run.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

Ok, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I usually stick to the technical stuff, but latched on to this because of the pernicious posturing. I'll part by saying; increasingly common attitudes like "it's not my fault and "they owe it to me" have become quite dismaying.

//greg//