share rss forum feed

ccallana
Huh?
Premium,VIP
join:2000-08-03
Folsom, CA
reply to El Quintron

Re: Triple Monitor setup question

If they are 3 individual display pipes, you can plug in 3 different monitors - they don't need to be alike in way.

I have a 16x12, 19x10 and 12x10 all connected right now -
--
"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us.... We are far too easily pleased." C.S. Lewis

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by ccallana:

If they are 3 individual display pipes, you can plug in 3 different monitors - they don't need to be alike in way.

That's awesome, have you used them for gaming or any type of activity that spans across all monitors?
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
If you are going to use all 3 for gaming, I would suggest sticking with matching size and resolution. It will work mismatched, but it gets annoying when your cursor jumps from one resolution/size to another.

Also keep in mind that the higher spanned resolution is going to cut your frame rate a bit.
--
Intel i7-2600k /ASRock P67 Extreme4 /4x 4Gb G.Skill /2x Intel 510 series 250Gb SSD /3x WD20EADS 2TB /2x PNY GTX 260 /Silverstone 850W /Custom water cooler /Antec Twelve-Hundred

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Good to know, assuming I stay with 1920x1080, @23" but go for a LED with a 120hz would this cause any type of grief gaming wise?
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
That I don't know.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to El Quintron
Compare your fps with one, or two monitors. More memory, cpu power, more gpu power, and more gpu memory.... Those demo systems have chained multiple high-end video cards. Many games likely won't run as well as we would like on more than one monitor, but if they support amd eyefinity there's a better chance they might, however it might only be eyefinity.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.