spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jeffrez
join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA

Jeffrez

As a group we have to go to plan B, all working together

Ok, everyone who only has WS in their area, ie, no other choice.

We have to get together and take the next steps. The numbers are here and we can work as a team. Can we please post some suggestions here and how we can accomplish some things as a group? Here are my suggestions please add yours.

1. Contact media and nationally syndicated consumer radio hosts such as Clark Howard. Contact our state consumer advocated news hosts.

2. Provide names and addresses here of multiple govt offices and bombard them. A few contacts here and there aren't getting through.

3. Write the WS Board Members. Obviously we need all the names and contact info.

4. Protest outside the small town WS offices. WS here is in a small outlet mall and is surrounded by restaurants. Then small town media should pick that up. Obviously we need to know the laws for each city.

5. Find an atty somewhere, somehow some angle that will help us. Companies have been sued for much much less. Even companies with carefully worded contracts.

6. Bombard social media with the truth. I don't participate in social media but could create accounts just for this purpose.

Seriously folks it's time. WS is just going to keep lining their pockets until we do something.

Lets make some history.
Bashlin
join:2011-06-20
Douglas, GA

Bashlin

Creating youtube videos of your speed test and posting them will help.. Also tag Jeff Gardner in all of them.. I'm on board!
Jeffrez
Jefferson, GA

Jeffrez

Now that another large consumer site has joined us here I wanted to update this post. Please add your thoughts and ideas to this post. It seems the holidays problems have been worse than their normal horrible and people are fighting mad.
malianx
join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX

malianx

Good luck with that.
johnnycactus
join:2012-09-24
Jefferson, GA

johnnycactus to Jeffrez

to Jeffrez
Jeffrez,

Please keep me informed of any progress in Jefferson. I live in Jefferson Walk since August 2012. We have never gotten reliable or fast service from Windstream. We tried everything that I am sure that you have tried.
I would welcome a class action suit if you are aware of any organized disputes to their service.
I am discouraged that the Jackson County Commission would continue to renew Windstream's contracts with the complaints and general knowledge of poor service thorough out the county.

We gave up a few months ago due to Windstream's rude tech's who would insist that there was nothing wrong while we suffer disconnections 100's of times per week and mostly dial-up speeds. They are no longer welcome at our home.

We are waiting for a lawsuit and/or a different ISP as are every person in Jackson County that I mention Windstream to and see the look of disgust on their face.
Jeffrez
Jefferson, GA

Jeffrez

Malinax a bunch of heads are better than one on this one. WS can't ignore multiple sites and hundreds, maybe thousands of people.
malianx
join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX

malianx

They can, and they will. As they have for years.
Hokie51
join:2003-05-11
Ashland, KY

Hokie51 to Jeffrez

to Jeffrez
I hate to say it but the obvious conclusion one gets from reading the horror stories in this forum (and my own) is that the only way to get Windstream's attention might be a class action lawsuit. The attorneys always win in those actions but when a company reaches this level of arrogance they need to know that they cannot continue to operate in this manner with impunity. I assume people have gone the route of filing complaints with the BBB and their state attorneys general.
Jeffrez
Jefferson, GA

Jeffrez

WS is posting this under some job sites in the last 2 days.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.

marbles90
I love torque
join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH

1 edit

marbles90

said by Jeffrez:

WS is posting this under some job sites in the last 2 days.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.

Funny thing is they are only telling half of it because the other half would be UNTRUTHFUL. Yeah they bring tons of $$$ in and operate in a lot places across the USA. They do have miles upon miles of fiber (see here: »dealer.windstream.com/im ··· -map.jpg) and a few data centers. Its also true that they offer various services such as MLPS, VoIP and managed hosting along with broadband, voice, and HDTV (they don't actually provide the service but rather bundle DISH's service into the bill). But they don't say anything positive or constructive about their services. They don't make any claims about up-time/redundancy, speed, capacity or about being innovative (like we have heard about in the past). The post is about enough to suck someone into contract and take their money. I know its a job posting, but I'm surprised they didn't start spewing lies.

I will say WS treats their network like an old carbureted engine. They think a big 850cfm carb with a high energy cam on small Chevy 350 will make it uber powerful and save them lots of money. You can't cut corners to save money and make things just work fine and dandy. You wanna play? You GOTTA pay. You spend some cash and build that 350 properly, it will sing all day long and convert rubber into smoke faster than you can blink an eye. If you don't, that 350 will refuse to idle and be way down on power (if it even runs at all). IT Pros (including myself) will tell you that your network is as fast as it's slowest link. You've got the fiber and I've got a crazy fast internal network. You need to fix the slow link in the middle. Otherwise your "fiber" is just a waste of money.
Shelby5
join:2010-12-22
Wilmore, KY

Shelby5 to Jeffrez

to Jeffrez
I live in Ky just south of Lex. My speed has been slow for over a year. I pay for 12mbps but rarely get over 3mbps. WS did reduce my bill for a year but only after several hours of my time with their customer service. I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office last month. I received a letter back from them stating they had contacted WS and they had a month to reply to my complaint. WS sent a letter back to AG's office and cc'd me on it. It was just corporate BS about how they valued my business and were working to solve the problem blah blah blah. I responded to the AG's office was it jsut corporate BS and that a company that was concerned could fix the problem in a timely manner. I asked the Ag's office to come to this website and read for themselves as proof of what I told them. I asked that the AG's office keep any company such as WS from ripping the public off and shafting it's customers. I urge everyone to make some noise. We'll see..........
Jeffrez
Jefferson, GA

Jeffrez

I believe the reviews here, posts here, and post at windstream communication facebook pages are on to something.

To keep from collapsing it appears as if WS is running a juggling act of sorts. They keep lowering caps on us. Then they let us online for just a short time but seem to be blocking a lot of sites like youtube. Then after a few minutes of service they throw us off and let someone else on. Then rinse and repeat. For some reason it seems like December is when they really started juggling more, blocking sites more, and lowering the caps even lower.

It's like a Bernie Madoff scheme.
Jeffrez

Jeffrez

2011 Annual Report--the CEO received $9.78M in compensation, $991K of that in cash.

Windstream Business Services FB page has just as many complaints as the residential one.
Distructocon
join:2013-01-06

Distructocon to Jeffrez

to Jeffrez
If only Anonymous could help us out in our time of need :L