Premium Member
join:2001-01-24
VA, USA

Shrapnel64 to allquixotic

Premium Member

to allquixotic

Re: [Pricing] Unlimited LTE Hotspot on Phone

said by allquixotic:

If you have a grandfathered unlimited LTE data plan and do NOT have the tethering/hotspot feature on your account, is it possible to have them add the tethering/hotspot (for an additional monthly fee, I know) without forcing your account to a limited (shared) data plan?

If the answer to the above is yes, will the data traveling through the hotspot be capped or is it also unlimited?

Yes, you can add the "4G Mobile Hotspot" feature to your phone for $30/month.

From the "My Verizon" site:

4G Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Broadband Connect

Use your Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone as a modem to get instant online access on your computer.

Mobile Hotspot

Using your 4G LTE Smartphone, share your data allowance with multiple Wi-Fi-enable devices. No additional drivers or software necessary.

Requires an unlimited data package / plan subscription of $29.99 or higher.

Additional Terms & Conditions apply.

Additional Terms & Conditions here:

»support.verizonwireless. ··· ess.html

I used 18.5GB last month on my Unlimited Data plan (including Tethering access since there isn't a separate data counter).

Please note: The Terms and Conditions page lists the Tethering charge as $20/month, however, I was informed (and it could just be who I spoke with) that it's $30/month for LTE Hotspot (Unlimited Data included, no throttling/caps/overages for now).

If you have a 3G-only device, it's $20/month for 2GB of Data on the "Unlimited" data plan.