Search similar:

uniqs
raythompsontn
join:2001-01-11
Oliver Springs, TN

1 edit

raythompsontn

[Help Me] D-Link DIR-655 Guest Zone Fails

My D-Link DIR-655 is failing on the guest zone. I have flashed the latest firmware (even went back to an older firmware) with no success. Hardware version B1. Firmware 2.00 and 2.10 (current).

The main wireless zone works fine and that is what I am using to connect my IPad to the net. I was using the guest zone until it quit working.

I have changed the configuration from mixed 802.11 b/g/n to 802.11b, then g, then n, then back to all 802.11 b/g/n. I have removed the WAP security, put it back. I have gone to user selected channel, put it back. I have reset to factory configuration. I have changed the channel width from Auto 20/40 to 20 Mhz.

Nothing I have tried will allow the guest zone to work. A connection is established then immediately dropped. Yet the main zone works without issues.

I know it is the DIR-655 as other devices (a Droid and a notebook) suffer the same fate as my IPad, connects then drops. Yet all work fine using the normal zone. It is only the quest zone that is affected.

Any ideas? Something I just have to live with?

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Please review this:
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =51224.0
raythompsontn
Oliver Springs, TN

raythompsontn

Thanks for the link. Seems I am not the only one with the problem. On my initial search of the D-Link site I did not see that information.

I had dropped back to the 2.00 version of the firmware thinking the firmware upgrade was the problem. 2.10 seemed like I should install because of the specific mention to IOS 6 issues.

What I did not do when reverting to prior firmware was to do a factory reset after installing the firmware. I will try that this evening.

The guest zone not working is not a big deal. But occasionally we do have guests at the house that would like to use the wireless. In late July we are getting an exchange student and i definitely want them on their own network and not have access to the household computers.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to raythompsontn

to raythompsontn
GZ works on v2.07.
raythompsontn
Oliver Springs, TN

raythompsontn

Thanks. I will install version 2.07 of the firmware tonight. Only this time I will do a factory reset after the install of the 2.07 firmware.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to raythompsontn

to raythompsontn
Do a factory reset before and after the downgrade, then set up the router from scratch.