MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to ExoticFish

MVM

to ExoticFish

Re: [Rant] Chicago Area HSI: Paying $70/mo for less than 30Mb/s

said by ExoticFish:

I've had comcast for 2 years now and have been on promo pricing the whole time. Simply call and ask.

This right here.

I have never paid full price for Comcast service. I simply call and let them know that Uverse sent me a price quote and they knock my bill down about $20. It works every time.
Geno71
join:2012-12-12
Antioch, IL

Geno71

So receiving an advertisement from someone else is sufficient to get $20 knocked off your bill? It's surprising to hear that. I'll see what comes of my other inquiries here. If I don't get any help maybe I'll go that route.

Sounding like there may be a problem with my modem and the files that have been sent to it, throttling my speed back when it shouldn't. I have confirmed from others at $70/mo I should be getting close to 40Mb/s easy. So maybe I'll ask for a one-time credit for a free month of service to even things up a bit.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

have you called in about your speed issue!?!? you say you called in about billing, but how about having a tech out?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Geno71

MVM

to Geno71
said by Geno71:

So receiving an advertisement from someone else is sufficient to get $20 knocked off your bill? It's surprising to hear that. I'll see what comes of my other inquiries here. If I don't get any help maybe I'll go that route.

Sounding like there may be a problem with my modem and the files that have been sent to it, throttling my speed back when it shouldn't. I have confirmed from others at $70/mo I should be getting close to 40Mb/s easy. So maybe I'll ask for a one-time credit for a free month of service to even things up a bit.

Lets put it this way. If I can get promo pricing through Uverse for $90 a month, and Comcast is at $120, they will always knock $20 off per month and I will stay with them. All I have to do is call retention and say I am cancelling. If I get a rep that doesn't want to give me anything, I hang up and call back. I have gotten what I have asked for on the first try almost every time though. Once i had to call back a second time.

I also make a note on my calendar to call them back when my promo pricing is over.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall
promo pricing works as long as they keep doing it. It isn't something to really rely on.