spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mat

@cae.com
reply to Lucid

Re: [Internet] Sagemcom 2864 port fowarding no longer working?!?

I'm kind of happy to see that i'm not the only one in this situation..

I my modem got the update over the weekend to:
Firmware version: FAST2864_v6740S
Rescue Version: FAST2864_v7740S

Here is the situation, we have Fibe tele and internat at home.
The wife started a small business so I created a web page that runs on an APACHE server at home and I also setup a HMAIL server on the same computer.

Everything was working fine until last weekend. From behind the modem I was unable to verify the web page (by typing my domain name or IP adress) and we could not connect on the mail server anymore (using outlook or mobile device)..

I logged on the mail server and check the log and saw my wife business partner accessing the server to retreive mail from her home!!

then I enter the local IP adress of the APACHE server, and the page appeared! I also check from my job and confirm the page is up and running without any glitch.

That's when I realized that from behind the modem, acessing a ressource behind the modem from the net, I was block by the modem (a logging page from Bell requesting a username and password)

So last night, in order to fix the email problem I changed the mail server setting.. I replaced the mail.**.ca mail server name by the local IP adress... and it's working!

So it's a temporary fix cause with mobile device will endup changing the mail server everytime we leave home..

nice thing I found out last night also...

Apple product (Ipod Touch) let you setup to account with the same email adress (but with different server name)

while the wife Android smartphone prevent you from creating 2 accounts with the same email address...