uniqs
share rss forum feed

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

Into Ledge farming Act 1 Cruel.

DPS is ok right now but looking for crit chance cast speed wands and life/ev gear.
Let me know what you need.
--
I eat rappers with the rhyme. Consume 'em. The only fucking thing you consume is time. I'm superhuman.

Noiche
Premium
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP
reply to Noiche
Got somewhat lucky the other day. I was able to trade a few things and get a new weapon that almost doubled my dps. I'm now at 1125dps with melee splash on my tank, and at 61. He's in act 3 now, trying to work towards getting to docks so I can grind out a bunch of levels.

I also found a Searing Touch, ilvl 60, but only has 1 slot at the moment. I don't remember the roll on it, but I think it was pretty decent. If either of yall want this in Anarchy, I'll give it to you. I don't really need it cause I'm not even leveling anything to use it at the moment, and have no plans to in the near future, and I know how sought out this unqiue is. Let me know here or in game if you'd like it, or anything else that I can help with.

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
I find currency at a pretty medicore rate. I can't really complain, cause I have gotta 1 exalt so far, and several chaos/alch's among others. My problem is that I'm huge on crafting, so most of this stuff disappears quickly after I find it, especially alchemy orbs.

Slowly starting to play an EK shadow, but he's only like level 7 so far, so a lot of playing to do. My tank is up to 58 now and almost done with act 2 merciless. I'm staying in party games all the time, and breezing through content. I'm the only one that doesn't die usually, which is funny cause I'm also the lowest level. Once I get my hp way up, I'll be far stronger. Just trying to get to docks so I can farm into my 70s.

I tried doing the 1h descent race last night. That's hard as hell. Died twice before level 3, then died at level 7 and gave up. Took me a good 30 minutes to even reach level 7, and the zones were getting very hard. I was playing a ranger, and I just wasn't strong enough to kill things quickly and keep my mana, so it was hurting pretty bad. I need to mess around and try and get better at it and try again on another day.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to BKayrac
Got 2 more Chaos Orbs last night in the first 5-minutes of playing. That makes a total of 5 Chaos Orbs in my first 20 levels. I'll say this, I strongly believe that upon character creation, some kind of magic/behind-the-scenes 'roll' takes place, which determines how good your character's rolls/drops will be throughout playing. I say this because currency drops have been crappy-to-mediocre for my Duelist, same with crafting for the most part. However, my Witch is constantly seeing Armourer's Scraps, these Chaos Orbs (which are supposed to be more rare than this apparently), Chromatics, Whetstones, alts/trans/augs. Seriously, it's raining currency! (Hey RNG Gods! Toss me some exalts!).

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
Well, I finally found my groove with my tank. Got him up to 57 tonight and he just doesn't die in act 1 merciless at all. He sits at 70% physical reduction, with capped light resist, 68 cold and 50 fire. Only about 60hp regen a second, but has 1726hp so it's not hurting at all. I run determination, purity, and thempest shield at all times giving me 60% block rate at the moment. I'm absolutely loving it again. Got him a new weapon which gave him 200 more dps, putting him to almost 700aoe dps.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to BKayrac
Leveled to 19 on Anarchy last night.

@Fortyseven : just pickup a bunch of white crap and vendor it. It's time consuming, but it helps build up a small supply of scrolls.

I should be on tonight ~9:00 CST, maybe 9:30.

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to f0rtys3ven
I'm 7-10 hours ahead of anyone in the states, depending on what time zone you live in, so it's very hard for me to play at the same time yall do. I'm on in the evening here, and rarely get on in the morning and during the day Sunday (my day off)

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to BKayrac
I started my Anarchy char.

I haven't found any scrolls!

Sitting with almost a whole tab of unidentifieds lol.

Got to Mervail last night. Will try and get up to Vaal tonight.

When will yall be on?
--
I eat rappers with the rhyme. Consume 'em. The only fucking thing you consume is time. I'm superhuman.

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
I started up a new character in Anarchy last night. Can't decide exactly what I'm going to become, but will probably be a discharge templar. Haven't decided yet, and I'm still just level 13 or 14, so plenty of time to play with ideas. I've researched a few builds and find them all pretty strong, so I'll play and see.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to BKayrac
I'll be on tonight, was out with a few friends for a birthday celebration (not mine). J_Cutty_Buddy is my name.

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to f0rtys3ven
I had hubby chores yesterday.

Well, what did you do after your 30 seconds of work?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

1 edit
reply to BKayrac
I think I want to do Crit Dagger Lightning Strike.
Start as Shadow.

Or maybe a Crit Staff Templar. That would look pretty cool I think.

I'll start on it tonight. I had hubby chores yesterday.
--

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
Lucky bastard!

Anarchy is definitely the way to go right now. Not only does it give you a more generous economy, but as pr1mo said, it spills into standard at each 4 month ending, and it gives you the chance to get the league only items. There's actually some great items that you only get in Anarchy/Onslaught, and when it ends, they go with your character to standard and you can make your other characters even stronger. It's a win-win in my book.

Time difference is going to suck for me. I'm 7 hours ahead of EST, so my playtime with yall might get limited by a lot. I have 2 49s in Anarchy, and a bunch under level 10. I also have a fresh Onslught started, a summoner witch.

Since your playing a pulser, we'll see what forty decides to play, if he mans up and joins us, and I can either create a new character to run with yall, or pick up with yall on my 49 tank marauder or 49 ranger that's a sucking glass cannon build.

Keep your progress posted here if possible, that way if we can't meet up ingame, we can at least stay somewhat together for when we do get the chance to game. My 49 ranger just started act 3 cruel (but at a halt cause I can't stay alive) and my 49 (almost 50) marauder is on piety at the end of act 3 cruel, but I've been grinding in catacombs (highest level area). I think I'll end up grinding out a few levels before going back to try and kill piety. He's a beast and doesn't die, except to Kole and end act bosses usually. He's over max resistances, with 3.4 or 3.5k armor, and 1400 hp and roughly 50% or alittle better block chance. He's quite durable, just has horrible dps (my heavy strike with melee splash linked to it and increased physical damage with hatred and anger auras only gets 600dps). He can take the hits, just not give them, so I need a much better weapon and some quality gems. Everything else seems to be great for the difficulty I'm at. I want to push him up to Ledge on merciless and grind well into the 60s, then push all the way to docks and grind there to mid/late 70s, then start maps once he's geared.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to BKayrac
Hehe, 3 Chaos Orbs dropped during my first 5 levels on Anarchy, NICE!

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to f0rtys3ven
Hehe, do it! Anarchy or Standard has been on my mind all damn week, I was getting frustrated. I figure, Anarchy will spill into Standar in a few months anyway, so I might as well work on some Achievements, with an economy a bit different than Stanard.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to BKayrac
Ill have to build an anarchy char. I'll figure something out after work.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to BKayrac
I'll be on today a bit later than usual. Work until 6 PM CST, then a short outing for a friend's b-day. I chose Freezing Pulse because it seemed like a much cooler (lol no pun intended) ability than things like LA or Spark.

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
I'll add you when I get off work today, pr1mo. I've been pretty much stick to my tank on Anarchy since my ranger just doesn't make me happy anymore. I'll help you out getting through bosses and such, or I can level a character with you. Always wanted to try one of the cookie cutter builds, just haven't gotten around to it since I'm having so much fun experimenting.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to BKayrac
Okay, I created a new character in Anarchy. I'll be playing a Freezing Pulse Witch.

Character name in game is "J_Cutty_Buddy"

Add me - see you in game!

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
1.4k would definitely be low for maps, considering the amount of mobs that can come at once, especially once you magic+ them. Ranger just feels extremely under-developed in my opinion right now. They are quite strong, but their actual DPS numbers seem to be slacking pretty hard. It takes a ton of points in passives to get those numbers really high, which hurts us cause then we can't get as deep into defenses as we need to. Of course, I'm speaking mainly from bow Ranger, not any other build. It just feels slow to me.

Docks is amazing experience well into the 70s. I'm farming there in normal right now, and intend to keep farming until close to 40 before moving on through act 3 and then into cruel on my Onslaught marauder. I'm trying to acquire a mace that would basically triple my DPS, meaning I'll absolutely demolish normal and probably at least act 1 cruel. Right now, I think I need to get my resists up though. All 3 are right around 50% which is bad low, especially walking into cruel. HP is almost 900 at 32, so that's not too bad. I'm having a blast on Onslaught cause the fear of death makes the game so much more challenging and enjoyable to me. If I do end up dieing eventually, that just means I get to come play with you guys and be your tank! Don't plan on that happening anytime soon at least.

If anyone plays Onslaught, or even Anarchy, let me know as I have active characters on both now, although nothing above lvl 50/cruel act 3 right now. We'll game it up though, and I can also help anyone that would be interested in starting up new characters in either one of these leagues. Just hit me up on here.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to BKayrac
I'm in game right now if anyone wants to level! I'm currently on Standard, Level 68, farming Docks.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..

1 edit
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

The only reason I am not running Anger is Colors. I'd rather run anger than Haste as Haste is really expensive but my Aura link currently is RBGG w/ red being reduced mana. The other link is RBGG as well and that uses blood magic to do Discipline and Grace.

In the end I'd like to be able to do Discipline, Grace, Determination, Wrath, Hatred, Anger, Clarity but thats going to take some more ES gear. In my passive tree I have life and leather and steel coming up so my defense will only go up but I am pretty worried about my DPS. I don't think 1.4k AoE is going to cut it in Maps. Which I have like 8 of now. 5 different ones.

I still have to do the sewers.

Defense is HUGE and HUUUUGE in maps. However, 1.4k in offense does seem a tad low for anything over normal maps, and I feel it will be too low (not sure if you've tried ANY maps yet). Once you start bringing in mods, that's when you really need to tear stuff down fast.

I'll be on tonight to farm Merciless Docks. If you'd like to farm EXP together, I should be on between 8-10 PM CST (been enjoying farming a lot more since I'm quite comfortable now). Merciless Docks is nothing but an EXP fest at ~10-15 minutes per run. I should start tossing in some IIQ/IIR if it gets too easy.

p.s. Forgot to mention, I had my first EXALTED ORB drop last night, randomly off a white monster Going to save that bad boy for a nice piece of loot once I get closer to level 80.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to BKayrac
I checked my stash and I did not have an extra Determination gem. I'll keep an eye out for the ES gear, as I get tons of drops with that base, and I don't even need it (so I've been saving all the UNID'd items for the vendor's Chaos Orb recipe. Currency seems to be coming in. I'm 2 bubbles from 69 (wasted some EXP on Magic Maps, died to DUAL BOSSES mod on a dungeon map =/)

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Noiche
The only reason I am not running Anger is Colors. I'd rather run anger than Haste as Haste is really expensive but my Aura link currently is RBGG w/ red being reduced mana. The other link is RBGG as well and that uses blood magic to do Discipline and Grace.

In the end I'd like to be able to do Discipline, Grace, Determination, Wrath, Hatred, Anger, Clarity but thats going to take some more ES gear. In my passive tree I have life and leather and steel coming up so my defense will only go up but I am pretty worried about my DPS. I don't think 1.4k AoE is going to cut it in Maps. Which I have like 8 of now. 5 different ones.

I still have to do the sewers.
--

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to f0rtys3ven
Very nice, 5 auras is quite expensive. Why not Anger as well? I know it's not a %, and a lot weaker than Hatred, but it is a set amount mana and quite low at that, and it would help if even in the tinest bit. That may be 1 too many auras for you though. I had my Ranger with some decent crit nodes, but after redoing the tree, I respeced out of the crit and lost like 300dps and now wish I hadn't done that. She's now weaker than she was before the patch, so she's pretty much stuck there until I either get more Regret Orbs to respec her again, or make a new character and fix it. Doesn't take that long anymore to level up quickly and get back to where I'm at. I went damage with her, so still only have like 650-700hp, which is FAR too low for where I'm at right now, and being full damage, I still don't have 1k single dps ; /

Just a sad story all the way around with my ranger.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Noiche
I am afraid I didn't spec enough damage. I was debating on going full Crit but didn't and am kind of regretting it.

I can control mobs just fine but lightning destroys me currently and with my damage I need to kite a fair bit. I am pretty useful in groups. I can max up to 5 Auras (Hatred, Grace, Clarity, Haste, Discipline) and IS gives really nice chill basically permanently. I can also fun level 5 Artic Armor. I can actually tank a bit of melee. Docks farms is really safe for me but seems really slow and my RNG hasn't been great. I still need 3 4-links w/life.

I'm looking for ES/Evasion Head/Gloves/Boots 4-linked w/ life and resists. I can worry about colors. I pretty much have to find these before I can upgrade my jewelry because I am using prismatic rings with double resists on both.

Does anyone have a determination gem I can have?
--

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
So, I'm absolutely loving my Onslaught marauder. So far he feels so much more powerful than my other characters, but I'm also still using a 2-hand and I'm up to almost level 28 in act 3 normal. Right now, I'm attempting to find someone that will sell me the 27 unqiue maul that does insane damage, something like over 200 top end, for such a low level. Most people want some pretty high prices for it though, like 3-5 chaos or high level stuff that I can't even come close to affording.

The new ranger tree is very impressive, but I screwed up her build yet again, so oh well.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..

1 edit
reply to BKayrac
With my current setup, I'm pretty damn comfortable in Transmuted Maps below 68. It's pretty awesome tearing shit down, but there are some OH SHIT moments and the bosses HURT. Also, Battlefront and Solaris on Merciless are a joke to me now, just easy EXP.

Time for sleep but I can't wait to be back at it tomorrow. Might actually get lucky with some better RNG.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to BKayrac
I'm saving all high ilvl white swords with high base attack speed. I then do the Normal, Magic, Rare @ 20% recipe and get my alch back, essentially a free chance at an upgrade.

I'm also saving unidentified items for the 2 Chaos recipe.

I got lucky and had a "14% Quality Blind" gem drop. Added that to Cleave-Multistrike-Faster Attacks-Melee Physical Dmg.

Now I can run the 66 maps with a lot of ease. The blind definitely helped with the damage mitigation. My DPS has also increased to about 6,800 during combat. Need a mana-leech upgrade item real bad now. I'm slaughtering monsters though, it's quite fun.

Noiche
Premium
Apo, AP
reply to pr1mo
The recipes definitely help a ton. The main 2 I focus on are the 3linked one for a chromatic and the rares that sell for alchemy scraps. The rest, I don't worry too much about, yet. I started up in Onslaught again last night trying a slightly different build to my tanky maruader that I have in Anarchy.

If he dies though, I'll finally have a character in standard to play on with yall cause he gets dropped to there Right now, my 49 maruader and 49 ranger both just don't feel right. I'm pretty sure I jacked up their skill trees pretty bad to have the feelings this bad, but I'll just have to play with others characters and builds to see.