Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to DasGoat

Premium Member

to DasGoat

Re: Path of Exile

said by DasGoat :

Don't waste your scrolls of wisdom on identifying blues, save them for yellows and above.

IDK about that. If the base stats are decent and there's a chance I can use it, I'm going to identify it. It's not like scrolls of wisdom are rare; I'm keeping one stack in my inventory and extra stacks in my stash. I have been identifying blues I think I can use and most yellows and have around 70 total (40 in stash, 30 in inventory). I'm only level 26.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I've probably got around 175-200 Scrolls of Wisdom. So I wouldn't really say they are rare.

Certain blue items should definately be identified and even upgraded from there.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
Yea, Im short on TP scrolls, but Wisdom i have coming out my ass!

I only pick up and id blues i can use.
primeomega
join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

1 recommendation

primeomega to cyrus360

to cyrus360
said by cyrus360:

I am still lost when it comes to what loot to look for. I know the red-green-blue connected ones are good to trade into the merchants for chromatic orbs. I know that the 5 and 6 slot stuff can be good. Like today I got a set of yellow boots that are r-g-b linked. Should I sell them, identify them, etc? I just don't know.

I get yellows and blues aplenty but don't exactly get whats good other than for my own Ranger class. I don't know if it's worth identifying them before selling them or sell them as is.

I tried to read some stuff on it but most of the stuff I don't quite get yet since I am not well versed in the games and all the terminology, etc.

Any suggestions at all?

What I did at first, as there is a LOT to remember when questing on what you should keep or not keep on gear:

1) Any items with a +quality on it save it. If you turn in a total of 40% you will get a Armourers Scrap (armor) or Blacksmith's Whetstone (weapon). You will use them a lot later on to make other stuff, so start early. I just use the last 2 tabs in my stash and made one for weapons and one for armor. I save white/blues.

2) Any item that you find that has a linked red, green, and blue socket pick up and turn in. You will get a Chromatic orb. Good to have.

3) Save as many yellows as you can find room for. Chaos Orbs are one of the better orbs in the game. To get them, you will need a rare on each slot turned in. Harder to get sometimes. If they are unidentified, then you will get x2 of them.

4) And my fav orb, the orb of chance. Turn in any items that are rare with the same name.

As you get more into the game, you can open up and look for other ways to get orbs with recipes. This is kind of what I did to get me to look at items and get used to names and such.

I found if you tried to learn it all right away, its just to much. Plus a lot of the items that are needed for other orbs really don't start to come around till a little later in the game.

DasGoat
@sbcglobal.net

DasGoat to Savious

Anon

to Savious
Saviouss, I didn't notice at first but you can buy TP scrolls from vendors.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Yea, Im short on TP scrolls, but Wisdom i have coming out my ass!

I only pick up and id blues i can use.

Go to vendor
Sell Wisdom Scroll
Get TP Scroll

and vice versa...

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Another thing I found out about over the weekend, is that you can upgrade flasks also, just like you can armor and weapons. And certain flasks grant some great abilities. Some dispell curses, burning, etc.

I found a flask in Act 3 last night that grants +4,000 armor for a few seconds.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I bought the expansive premium tab set last night (6 tabs, colored and name-able)

Got lots of space now for all the rares sitting in my inventory, even after giving many away.

I'm lvl 41 now, and right about to complete A3.

Getting pretty difficult on these last few fights..making me nervous about starting the next difficulty level, as I'll start losing XP when I die.

I die a lot.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Wow, that adds a whole other level of depth for boss/unique mob fights.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Another thing I found out about over the weekend, is that you can upgrade flasks also, just like you can armor and weapons. And certain flasks grant some great abilities. Some dispell curses, burning, etc.

Same for rings and ammies, as well.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
waaaaaaaaaat!!

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
I bought that upgrade as well and happy I did so. Might even buy another inventory upgrade down the road here. Thought about buying a lil bling but couldn't justify it over something useful.

Over the weekend parked my softcore witch and created a HC ranger. My first one RIP around level 15, so created another and I'm following one of the ranger passive templates from GGG's forums. I like the fact that when you do die all is not lost and the character is just transfered to SC. The main reason I'm playing HC is that item drops are better quality. Then there is the adrenaline rush of not being able to die without consequence. When you die you are immediately transfered to SC once you push the resurrect button. So you only bring with you what currently is on your character. Stashes aren't shared between HC/SC.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

waaaaaaaaaat!!

YAHERRRRRRDMEH

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to VioletVenom

Premium Member

to VioletVenom
said by VioletVenom:

I bought that upgrade as well and happy I did so. Might even buy another inventory upgrade down the road here. Thought about buying a lil bling but couldn't justify it over something useful.

Koil See Profile and I were looking at the online store yesterday, and some of the stuff is ridiculously priced. There is a lightning scorpion pet that costs close to $100. I'm with you, stash tabs all the way.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

said by VioletVenom:

Koil See Profile and I were looking at the online store yesterday, and some of the stuff is ridiculously priced. There is a lightning scorpion pet that costs close to $100. I'm with you, stash tabs all the way.

How about $1000 to create an item? LOOOOOOL

Things I discovered this weekend:

Act 2 Quest to Kill the Bandit Lords: You can assist one of the three bandit lords instead of killing all 3. One provides permanent 8% resist buff, the others 40 life or 40 mana. If you kill all 3 you get a passive skill point. The rewards also change in later difficulties, 4% attack speed, 4% cast speed and something else, and I don’t remember what the final difficulty rewards are. Something to keep in mind!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

I bought the expansive premium tab set last night (6 tabs, colored and name-able)

Got lots of space now for all the rares sitting in my inventory, even after giving many away.

I'm lvl 41 now, and right about to complete A3.

Getting pretty difficult on these last few fights..making me nervous about starting the next difficulty level, as I'll start losing XP when I die.

I die a lot.

I'm going to upgrade my storage tabs also. I gotta donate some money and supoprt the cause. These people have delivery a superb game for us. The least I can do is donate some money on micro transactions.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Yea, I dropped $5 on it yesterday. Ill definently invest some more if it keeps my interest piqued.

Anyone else around level 28? I wouldnt mind having a melee class stand in front of me so I can DPS uninhibited. Elemental Equilibrium witch.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Savious:

Yea, I dropped $5 on it yesterday. Ill definently invest some more if it keeps my interest piqued.

Anyone else around level 28? I wouldnt mind having a melee class stand in front of me so I can DPS uninhibited. Elemental Equilibrium witch.

I'm level 30 dude, and literally just started Act 3. I'd be glad to group up for some quests.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

said by Savious:

waaaaaaaaaat!!

YAHERRRRRRDMEH

This information. It is... life changing.
Savious

Savious to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Score. I hit act 3 last night and just rolled in to town. Ill be on around 5pm MST?
Savious

Savious to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
We gonna get real witchy up in thur?

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

I'm level 26, usually don't play much through the week but if I can get on I'm game for some co-op.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I agree, some of the bling is priced steep. I do approve of supporting these developers as their product rocks. I suppose if I had disposable cash I might consider that $1000 package. Realistically I can see "donating" the cost of an A list game to GGG, $50-60.

As to the bandit lords I think the SP, hands down, is the way to go. All the other rewards can easily be gained on items.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

SP

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Score. I hit act 3 last night and just rolled in to town. Ill be on around 5pm MST?

That'll be perfect dude. Hit me up for sure.

This should be a life changing experience for me, to be able to play with the #1 D3 fan of all time

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Been having fun in HC with a witch, tbh I don't understand why anyone would not want to start as HC since the punishment is quite low compared to D3. Got my brother to DL this as well as Jobbie. I should be on here and there this week.
stvnbrs

stvnbrs to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I think I am going to start making MP games. For anyone interested in joining me, I will use DSLR for the name and Reports for the pass.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

What is SP?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Savious, are you running HC or Regular mode? That might effect us running together.

My Witch is on regular mode. I wanted to get a feel for the game before going HC.
Ghastlyone

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

What is SP?

Single Player? I don't know for sure.