share rss forum feed

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: Path of Exile

Keep in mind, I've never done these, this is all from shit I've read. The maps don't come around until later in the game, afaik.

The maps are upgradable, just like equipment, using "chisels" I think instead of orbs....maybe orbs can be used, too...I dunno. Use a chisel and it adds one of the effects like I listed above.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to BKayrac
It seems the Orb economy is constantly in flux. Now fusing orbs are worth more than GCP?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to BKayrac
end game maps sounds epic!

David Brevik at Marvel Heroes must be shaking in his boots that a 18 person company came out with this epic game!

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
I have been reading a lot of information on the math if this game.

Don't stack armor, its the least beneficial defensive stat.
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
said by Savious Zero:

I have been reading a lot of information on the math if this game.

Don't stack armor, its the least beneficial defensive stat.

It's all about shield boost and resists.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Im still looking at how block works.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
You can get up to 95% evasion as well. Chaos inoculation sounds sick with a really high ES build.
--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
That's what I'm trying to do...you're gear dependant when you go that route, though...not that you aren't to some degree always anyway, but maybe more so

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Savious Zero
said by Savious Zero:

You can get up to 95% evasion as well. Chaos inoculation sounds sick with a really high ES build.

Supposedly there are 2 different builds you can go with for end game, hard core.

High ES build spec'd into Chaos Inoculation and then High EH build, just stacking health.

From what some people have said, Chaos Inoculation edges out a high health build. Simply because being completely immune to Chaos damage alone is OP.

You need the gear to support a CI build though. I tried spec'ing into CI early on at only level ~30 and it doesn't work well. Once your shield is blown, you're dead on the spot.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
So much to do..

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to Ghastlyone
Clarity (boosts mana regen) and Discipline (boosts ES) aura gems go along way in helping a CI build out.

I learned a valuable lesson with auras...I now know why ppl don't always level their gems. Not sure if other gems do the same, but with these two, the higher the level, the more mana they "reserve", which takes away from your overall pool. I 've leveled them too high at the moment, and need to bring them back down, as combined, they're both taking a total of 350 out of my 656 total mana.

There is a recipe to de-level a gem. orb of scouring + the gem sold to a vendor gives you back the gem, minus one level.

Also, when using support gems, note that they have a cost associated with them as well. They tack on extra mana to the cost of the skill they're supporting, so getting too many supports on 1 attack can end up costing a lot of mana per cast.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by Koil:

Also, when using support gems, note that they have a cost associated with them as well. They tack on extra mana to the cost of the skill they're supporting, so getting too many supports on 1 attack can end up costing a lot of mana per cast.

Ahhhh FFS. You serious?

Damn, didn't know that one :/

That's why I love this forum. You learn so much shit

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Does it work the same as TL2 where you actually purchase the maps? And also in TL if you die anywhere in a map, you're ported back out and the map is gone you have to purchase another.

1. You do not buy the maps, well i guess you can from other players, they are drops.

2. If you die (i did out of stupidity) you are in town like any other time. You can then port back to the eternal lab and enter the map again...a limited number of times. When you activate a map, as you stated earlier, it opens only 6 portals.

3. You are able to upgrade maps like armor/weapons improving the difficulty/drops etc.

Found this video that explains it a bit, commentary is so-so but you get the idea

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbr-I0dp4P4

DasGoat

join:2013-02-12
Charleston, WV
reply to BKayrac
One thing that has been bothering me with the game is the initial loading screen. I wish it had a progress bar so you knew what it was doing. I had the settings set for full screen maxed and didn't see it throwing the exception error in the background as well.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac
Loading/Log-in/Character Selection could all use a little work and polish. I'm sure it's a bottom-of-the-list item though.

Having to log out just to log back in just to switch characters is annoying and has been pointed out many times. The dramatic, scripted story of the character in character creation is touching, but it would be nice to actually know what in the hell a "Shadow" is when you're new and trying to figure out what you want to play.

And loading screen is definitely beta generic. Their small GGG logo at top and nothing but a big blank screen. I'm sure they'll be working on that.

TheThing

reply to BKayrac
world ends in 20 minutes

hope you enjoyed your video games!

TheThing

reply to BKayrac
we are still here!

crisis averted!

you may now continue your regular vodeo gaming!

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Wat?

TheThing

asteroid passed within 17,000 miles of earth.

that is closer than geosynchronous sattelites

you had to of been in eastern europe to see it

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
reply to BKayrac
Ok, I have been playing up to about level 30 and I am a Templar. Loving the game so far. Playing with my cousin for the most part who is a ranger.

Obviously, I am following a certain path with my templar that is a combo of damage with two handed maces as well as some magic damage as well.

What I wonder about is the end game.

Are most specs viable for end game? What I really don't want to do is to invest in 60 orbs of regret just to get viable in the game.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
Well Night, they say everyone screws up their first character. I suppose you may be different, but that's what the say. I know I feel like I did.

Instead of racing one guy forward, you may want to take all the other classes to at least 10 or so and see what you think. The biggest consensus appears to be that people screw up and don't take enough defensive abilities.

And every class is viable. Have you not looked at that skill tree? lol

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
said by Dissembled:

Well Night, they say everyone screws up their first character. I suppose you may be different, but that's what the say. I know I feel like I did.

Instead of racing one guy forward, you may want to take all the other classes to at least 10 or so and see what you think. The biggest consensus appears to be that people screw up and don't take enough defensive abilities.

And every class is viable. Have you not looked at that skill tree? lol

Its not the viability of the class that I question, its the viability of the skill tree. Just makes you wonder if certain skills are more viable than others in end game.
--

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
said by Nightfall:

Just makes you wonder if certain skills are more viable than others in end game.

Well now, that's certainly something to consider. Is any one skill "unviable"? I wouldn't say that but there are things you start screwing up on like stacking too much of one thing or taking a major skill that you don't properly support with other passives, etc.

I like this skill system kinda like I enjoyed Rift's because there is no "cookie cutter" answer to be had here. Can you screw your guy up? Sure as hell can. Oh well, live and learn and try again. Believe it or not, I like that to some extent.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
said by Dissembled:

said by Nightfall:

Just makes you wonder if certain skills are more viable than others in end game.

Well now, that's certainly something to consider. Is any one skill "unviable"? I wouldn't say that but there are things you start screwing up on like stacking too much of one thing or taking a major skill that you don't properly support with other passives, etc.

I like this skill system kinda like I enjoyed Rift's because there is no "cookie cutter" answer to be had here. Can you screw your guy up? Sure as hell can. Oh well, live and learn and try again. Believe it or not, I like that to some extent.

I agree. I just hope the "diverse" skills I am taking are going to be good and not make my character unplayable.
--

TigerLord
For Value Received
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to BKayrac
Do you have to be a Diablo fan to like this game?

TheThing

1 edit
an isometric view, action rpg fan to enjoy it i would say

I AM likes GW2 and WoW... he can't stand these types of games

while PoE is very innovative in terms of the Diablo 2, Diablo 3 genre with theorcrafting and gems... it is not innovative in the theme of sword/axe/armor/dragons sense, it sticks to the norm when it comes to that

Marvel Heroes I am hoping will be innovative on both fronts, but don't get me wrong, I love PoE

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Do you have to be a Diablo fan to like this game?

said by TheThing:

an isometric view, action rpg fan to enjoy it i would say

I AM likes GW2 and WoW... he can't stand these types of games

while PoE is very innovative in terms of the Diablo 2, Diablo 3 genre with theorcrafting and gems... it is not innovative in the theme of sword/axe/armor/dragons sense, it sticks to the norm when it comes to that

Marvel Heroes I am hoping will be innovative on both fronts, but don't get me wrong, I love PoE

I'd say thats an accurate summary. If you DIDN'T like D2, then you probably won't like this game. They've expanded on it, made the skill tree deeper, and the amount of combinations of those skills + gems + equipment is really something to behold...not to mention the crafting.

But, yeah, its not anything new, as in a new type of playstyle, it's an action rpg, just like D2 & D3 were...just...better.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
reply to TigerLord
To expand, shortly, upon what Koil said. If you disliked D3, you'll like this game.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
said by VioletVenom:

To expand, shortly, upon what Koil said. If you disliked D3, you'll like this game.

From what I can tell, that's nearly everyone. That said, D3 was ok for three weeks or so for me. And I love this game.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL
reply to BKayrac
Was briefly playing, first player to reach level 90 announced.