Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to VioletVenom

Re: Path of Exile

said by VioletVenom:

Logged out of the game to change my password, seems like there are a few people getting their accounts hacked. Go to GGG's main website and see a notice for a new "race league". Looks pretty cool, check it out.

said by »www.pathofexile.com/seasons :
Path of Exile race leagues are short duration events where players compete in a fresh economy to win prizes. With durations ranging from one hour to one week, they allow players to demonstrate mastery of the game.

We're now grouping race events into seasons. Season One runs from February 23 to April 7 (NZT) with a total of 109 events. Success in these races earns event reward points. As you accumulate reward points and cross thresholds, you are awarded prizes (shown below).

I don't know if I will be able to participate very much, as we have the new baby coming in less than a month (!!!!) but here are more details on these races....this sounds completely awesome, even if you suck, it would still be fun to try. It looks like they'll be done in HC, so once you die, you're out. They can tweak it so that some races, everyone will have "Blood Magic" enabled, so all mana comes from your life pool...just a lot of possibilities. Pretty damn cool if you ask me....plus they're all instanced worlds evidently, so nothing you have already on your characters carries over. You start fresh at the beginning of the race, if I'm understanding correctly.

»www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/171489
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to BKayrac

Ghastly went from bitch to beast last night and we downed Purity with only 1 death.

Ghastly got instagibbed as soon as she spawned and launched ball lightning. I laughed pretty hard.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

said by Savious:

Ghastly went from bitch to beast last night and we downed Purity with only 1 death.

Ghastly got instagibbed as soon as she spawned and launched ball lightning. I laughed pretty hard.

She wrecked me pretty quick. I didn't expect that at all.

That Mana Regen spell gem and few pieces of gear helped a whole lot. What is amazing, is equipping that mana regen spell reserves 50% of my mana pool. Even with that, I could not go below 50% of that. Didn't matter how fast I would cast spells.

I finally spent my 7 talent points I had sitting last night, and picked up Elemental Equilibrium and more spell crit.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

EQ with your build seems very bad. Aren't you lightning//summoner?

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Ghastlyone

btw, my wife is working until midnight tonight, if you want to team up on some cruel mode smashing?
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

EQ with your build seems very bad. Aren't you lightning//summoner?

Yep. I'm going to try it and see how it does. If it doesn't work well, I can always back that talent out.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

What's your secondary elemental source?

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

Usually Firestorm or Frost Nova.

I figured hitting some mobs with a Firestorm right off the bat and then blasting with Lightning right after would be my method.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

but you have to constantly alternate between the two. Just one firestorm will make them vulnerable to lightning, but as soon as you hit them with lightning it will make them more resistant to lightning.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Ghastlyone

Where were you last night!? I was forced to play with Koil! =P

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

said by Savious:

Admit it...that was the best 3 minutes you'd ever played.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

"3 minutes"

were you guys cybering?

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

said by TheThing:

"3 minutes"

were you guys cybering?

What...uh..what? no...dont be an asshole haha no we weren't...No!

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Koil

Well, it was better than my first 3 with Ghastly. Him standing in town and me asking him to link his gear while he ignores me, lol.
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

said by Savious:

I was tired as hell last night man. I logged into GW2 for about 15min. That was it for me. It was just a long ass day.

said by Savious:

Well, it was better than my first 3 with Ghastly. Him standing in town and me asking him to link his gear while he ignores me, lol.

man I didn't ignore you! lol

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

You did! I was like, "Hey, link me your wand and shield"

"Hey, link me your wand and shield"
"HEY! GUY! LINK ME YOUR WAND AND SHIELD!"
"Link"
"Me"
"Your"
"Gear"
-Ghastly "Lets go kill General"
-Me physically at my computer, face in palm.
--

TheThing

that was awesome

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Got an email this morning that my account was accessed from Jilin, Jilin, China sometime between midnight and 6am this morning. Had just enough time before work to log on and verify that my account was locked and the email wasn't spam. Have any of you guys had this at all? I'm wondering what I should do.

TheThing

Why are they allowing someone with a Chinese IP to access a server for north america?

If you live in north america, and try to play a south korean game its like nearly impossible. Why can't they do that for PoE?

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Just glad it happened after they implemented the new locking system here in the last week or so. I'm guessing they have had a security breach somewhere and that's why they implemented it in the first place. How in the hell else would someone even guess my log-in account name?

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

The best explanation I've heard offered is there is a huge database of login information out there hacked from other forums. People using the same login credentials across multiple sites are at the greatest risk.

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Your comment made me think. Why try and access a PoE account if all it's going to do is lock the account out? Well, if you have the password of the account, you then try their email account and see if they use the same password for both PoE and their email. Try enough accounts and it's just a matter of time before you find one where they are the same. You log into their email, grab the unlock code and away you go with a new PoE account to empty out. Now that makes sense.

Just means the game is getting extremely popular if the hackers are moving in trying to steal stuff.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Yea, already seeing advertisements to buy items and orbs for cash.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Yeah a pal of mine tried to contact those guys about selling them a bunch of his goods, but all they are doing is selling atm. Apparently the broken mirrors sell for $995 US...

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

What do those do again?

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to Dissembled

You've never used the email address associated with your PoE account anywhere else?

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

What do those do again?

Not so sure he may not be talking about a Mirror of Kalandra actually. It creates a mirrored copy of a non-unique item. Needless to say, I've never seen one.

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to Koil

said by Koil:

You've never used the email address associated with your PoE account anywhere else?

Of course I have. Actually, it's my spam account I give out to anyone and everyone. It's probably in a million databases world wide by now. OK, so someone has my email address. Why log on just to have the account get locked out? My explanation above is the only thing that makes sense to me right now. They also have your PoE password and then try to log into your email using the same password.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

downloading

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

This is really fun so far!

Level 12 Shadow.
Going a dagger / claw whirling blades build.

I have questions about armor v engery shield v evasion. How does these interact / work ?