uniqs
share rss forum feed

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

1 edit
reply to bionicRod

Re: Path of Exile

I'll add you tonight. I haven't gotten through the list yet.

Do you get a lot of dsync in game ... skips back and forth?

Whirling blades seems make the game forget where I am.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

Sounds good! Koil See Profile and I run around together a lot and use the GW2 mumble server when no one is on it (there's never been anyone on it btw). I do rubberband sometimes but not that often. What happens to me more than anything is I'll swing at a mob, which will disappear and then come running back from offscreen.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA
reply to BKayrac

That's my biggest complaint is the constant rubber banding effect. That coupled with the high xp loss for dying is extremely annoying, especially when you're close to leveling.

Sometimes I'll just be standing there and my health will drop, so I click a speed and health pot and run away, then the screen jumps and I am surrounded by mobs and usually dead.

They will definitely need to fix that before going live.
--
»www.freakynorm.com

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Whirling blades does this ALOT and is making me just want to work on a different char. I litterally do this every other pack and its sooo dangerous. I have died a couple times to this. I have probably died 5 - 10 times total and now I am 5 levels ahead of content. Meh.

I think the ranger will be alot safer as I don't have to be in melee range.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to cyrus360

said by cyrus360:

Sometimes I'll just be standing there and my health will drop, so I click a speed and health pot and run away, then the screen jumps and I am surrounded by mobs and usually dead.

This has only happened to me twice, and yes it is rage inducing. Hasn't happened on Cruel yet, man that will suck with the exp loss.
--

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to BKayrac

Over the weekend I read up on this game and played it a bit, and here are my thoughts:

1) I like the gem and passive skill system, definitely introduces a lot of variety.

2) The barter economy is definitely intriguing as well, but as others have said it makes it hard to value an item for new players (or even old ones that don't follow the economy closely).

3) I don't like the graphics. The monsters and background all blend/mesh together for me, and the view is way too close. If a monster is not moving then I'll probably die before I even see it.

4) Maybe I'm too use to care bears but I didn't know where I was supposed to go half the time. Although the quest to kill the rest of the mobs in the swamp was annoying, there's no mob indicator so I ended up looping the map until I found the last guy.

5) Overall the system was pretty stable. I only got kicked out of the game once.

I think the graphics part is a bit of a killer for me. It's a very nice game, especially for F2P from an 18 person company. I might tinker with it form time to time, but I think I'll be trying to find another ARPG...

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

said by puppy:

but I think I'll be trying to find another ARPG...

DragonNest, Vindictus, Marvel Heroes(out soon), Continent of the Ninth Seal, Diablo 3, Rusty Hearts... youtube them

puppy

OK thanks Thing, I'll check them out!

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to puppy

The only time I have trouble seeing mobs are the damned blood monkeys in Act 2. Couple the fact that the trees block the view with the monkeys' tendecy to run and it quickly becomes annoying. Overall though I love the graphics and art style of the game. The rest of the game is different enough, with the skill tree and barter system, that it requires a good deal of time to start to get the hang of it.

If you're having trouble finding where to go, hit 'U' and it will bring up your missions and highlight a path to the missions' zones on the world map. Once you get into the right zone for a mission just clear it until you find what you're looking for.
--

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to BKayrac

I have been playing a Marauder lately and man is it fun.

I am going to start a Shadow character soon. Does anyone have a build they would recommend? I was considering a life leech build but I don't know for sure yet. I want something that is going to work well for soloing and in groups.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

said by Nightfall:

I am going to start a Shadow character soon. Does anyone have a build they would recommend? I was considering a life leech build but I don't know for sure yet. I want something that is going to work well for soloing and in groups.

If you are going shadow, I have two Ungil's Gauche, the level 20 unique boot knife (dagger).

Im looking for some witch gearz.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by Savious:

said by Nightfall:

If you are going shadow, I have two Ungil's Gauche, the level 20 unique boot knife (dagger).

Im looking for some witch gearz.

Wish I had something to give you for those but I really don't. I do collect orbs, but I don't have enough.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Recreated my acher at lunch because I'm not sure I like that ranger starting tree ... no HP! Went shadow as I am more familiar with that tree.

I have low level magic find gear (boots/gloves/hp ring) I found 3 orbs of chance in the 30 min I was playing and made it into underground part. I did the side quest to clear out the cave but I think that its ineffecient because you end up running around trying to find the last mobs. In the future I think that I will skip that part.

My unique has a mana return on death of creep. I didn't relize this at first but it makes farming the low level area lol easy with split shot. Also read a tip for bows that included using raised undead as a nice buffer. I like that and it is effective. It will be most effective when paried with totem.
--
I though I had it all mapped out.
But I guess not.
This fucking black cloud still follows me around.
Its time to exercise these demons.
These mother fuckers are doing jumping jacks now.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Nightfall

Well if you want to borrow them, I can certainly lend them to you. They require level 20 and got me through to about level 40 on my shadow.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
reply to BKayrac

Check it:

»Path Of Exile - PoE Helper Inventory Listings & Trades

puppy

reply to BKayrac

Oh another thing that drove me nuts is the lack of inventory space.

I know it's an add on you can buy, but comon I want to be able to carry 3 greatswords, 7 full suits of armor, 2 long bows, 73 types of currency items....

Seriously though, my eyes were twitching as I left all that loot on the ground...

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

You can purchase extra stash tabs, but not extra inventory space. Inventory space isn't something they'll be adding as it moves away from a cosmetic benefit to a gameplay advantage.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

I've decided to move to HC if I am going to play this for some time makeing a SC stash is kinda meh.

Past brutus on char 1.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

You may want to play this game a tad longer and get a character or two into the higher levels before you do HC. Just my 2 cents.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

I feel like I can just stash often and learn in hardcore.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Best of luck. Post here on how you do.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to puppy

you have to be selective what you carry... in TL2 with pet you grab everything, and I find that more annoying than PoE's system

puppy

reply to f0rtys3ven

said by f0rtys3ven:

I feel like I can just stash often and learn in hardcore.

From what I read, if you die in HC your character gets to SC and you can keep playing.

Also I read from some guy's comment that he plays HC because it drops better loot, but I'm not sure if that's true.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Ehh I think gear influences that more than what place you are playing.

When I did that soft core char with 4 pieces of gold find in 20 min I found like 4 chance orbs and that was level 1 - 10 lol.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

So my ranger is almost to 30. I am still poking around act 2 hoping for some pieces to alieviate mana issues I am having.

I have 2 full sections of health nodes now and have 800 hp.
I have health on rings, belt, helm, and boots. Its pretty easy going but I am being pretty safe.

Using a mix of stuff right now. Lightning, ice, and flame arrow are all in use to dodge resists. I picked up LMP, Fork and found a Life on Hit support. I can't run them all yet or even two but its a nice start. I am using mostly ice shot with fork which allows for really easy kiting. I have summon zombies as well to add a bit of flavor and distraction for tougher mobs.

Found a rare portal gem with quality too. No more portal scrolls!
--
But I guess not.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

I love explosive arrow on my ranger!!

Also, in the middle section of the skill tree and in between the ranger and duelist trees are several run speed increase nodes.

Very good for survival!!
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Noted!

I think that I am heading towrd a few keystones.

Edrich Battery and The evasion -> armor node specifically.

I really like some of the + cold stuff in the shadow / witch areas and I think those + larger aoe will make ice shot really powerful without many offensive nodes. There are also really great evasion / ES nodes in shadow that I want to pick up for better effect on my keystones. I will most likely run the evasion / es auras as well after I get battery.

Playing HC I am trying to survive above all else so the Movespeed nodes may need to be looked into if they are near the evasion -> armor keystone. If they are farther into dualist I may have to skip as I am headed primarily in the other direction.

What do you think of the plan ?
--
But I guess not.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Sounds good to me!

The large keystone for movement speed is near a tri resistance node and a chaos resistance node, so it should be something to consider. Its the 8% node.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Have been starting chars on lunch breaks.

I have a templar and a witch at lvl 5 - 6. I like both classes. The witch's spell ability is really awesome and I think this will be my second serious build. I have to think about it a bit. I don't think I will be attempting a melee char for a bit as maruader plays really boring for me in the early game and if its not visually entertaining or mechanically interesting I find the grind to be too much.
--
But I guess not.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

I'd like to make a "buff class". A templar with a ton of auras and the curse talents.