Search similar:

uniqs

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Savious

to Savious

Re: Path of Exile

Elemental Hit is random not a fixed rotation.
Which makes Elemental Equilibrium + Elemental Hit a RNG build to the max.

I don't understand NO ELEMENTAL DAMAGE ON EQUIPMENT? ?

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Correct, it is not a fixed rotation, but with 3+ attacks per second, I dont think it will be that bad.

No elemental damage on equipment meaning no +4-5 cold damage or whatever, because every attack will deal cold damage, giving the monster +25% resistance to cold, making elemental hit feel badsies.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I think your scaling might not be what you want. The flat elemental dmg scales really really well. As does Hatred, Wrath, and Anger. And you would basically be running an elemental build without the things that scale the best.

Though there are enough variables here that a test case is a better study than theory crafting.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

My elemental hit gem is extremely under leveled for my templar. It was doing moderate-decent damage in cruel act 3, but I think with a level appropriate elementa hit I would be ok?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
You need a whole shit ton of %elemental dmg on your gear to scale the dmg of ele hit. Plus elemtnal dmg in your passive tree. Plus weapon elemental support gem.

It may be ok. Decoy totem / tremor totem may be useful. Or raise skele totem. Something that doesn't use elemental at all so it doesn't screw with your resist stacking.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I was counting my tree and basically have 150% increased elemental damage, not including Elemental Equilibrium.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

That might do it lol.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I need a Elemental Hit for a level 47 character, lol.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Ledge runs go!

You will have to level it again when you get a 20 quality!

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Haha!

Is ledge a good farm spot for a 47?

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible

Ledge is 53

Edit...you're probably talking Cruel, aren't you? Sorry, that's at Merciless.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

1 edit

f0rtys3ven to Savious

to Savious
Did you kill piety yet?

If not public that shit and run yourself to ledge! - sc strat only

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
The ledge is a lot of fun. Docks are good also. For xp I have to run the docks for Merciless level since I can tank most of the mobs easily that way I don't die to rubber band lag spikes.

For farming gear solo I do Solaris temple and kill the 3 ribbon boss mobs since they are usually fairly close to the waypoint entrance. Getting xp in there is hard though because the large spawns there all charge and do a lot of damage which always kills me when there is a small lag spike. I get a lot of yellows and even got a decent unique the other night too.
Coolbrz
join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA

Coolbrz

Yeah, the farm spots, at least to me, are Ledge (act1) Fellshrine (act2) and docks (act3). Mainly due to large slow moving packs for the most part and the quickness of the runs.

I farm docks mainly now for maps/xp, though i do run Solaris temple for a change of pace as well.

Still need some better gear to really run the harder maps, but depending on the boss of the map ive been running up to lvl 68 maps. Still some difficult mobs heh.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Ive really lost interest in this game..

My Wand Witch can smoke everything thrown at her in 1-2 shots, but the leveling is so slow I dont really care!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Savious:

Ive really lost interest in this game..

My Wand Witch can smoke everything thrown at her in 1-2 shots, but the leveling is so slow I dont really care!

This game was meant to be enjoyed in spurts. Age of Empires II is coming out in the next couple weeks. By then, I may be sick of Path of Exile, but not right now. Still enjoying playing this game. I did take 10 days off from the game though to play Far Cry 3 for a while. When I came back, I was hooked again.

Obviously, Path of Exile needs to add more content.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

What I dont like is the way they handle multiplayer games.

I would prefer the Diablo 2 style of joining a game, rather than the crap shoot that is joining a game that is messed up due to someone forgetting to reset an instance, among a million other things.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by Savious:

What I dont like is the way they handle multiplayer games.

I would prefer the Diablo 2 style of joining a game, rather than the crap shoot that is joining a game that is messed up due to someone forgetting to reset an instance, among a million other things.

The multiplayer is pretty fun IMHO. I have found many good multiplayer games out there.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to Savious

to Savious
said by Savious:

What level is your witch?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Raible:

said by Savious:

What level is your witch?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
I'll prolly get a chance to play a bit today but Friday and Saturday are going to be long PoE days for me. Hoping to get into merciless in HC.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Made it past mervial last night.

Ranged tanked it with max cold res and it was a breeze. 1500 hp right now. Level 44. Still need more mana. Headed to EB now on the passive tree but I won't see EB till probably the end of merciless. Still trying to find a nice 30% mana regen amulet to alc.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Made myself a dual totem witch. Got crappy gear mostly and still kicking ass. So for no problems with anything. I am in Act 1 Cruel at the moment at level 41. Got Eldritch Battery skill and even with using Hatred and Clarity, I still have almost 600 mana with a super fast regen rate on it so I can spam totems non-stop as I run through maps.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I have moved all my currency and chars to SC.

I'm too casual for this HC biz lol.

That being said the Ice Shot ranger is in Act 1 merciless. The ele cleave shadow is in the last act of normal. Still having a blast with this game. Getting ready for a nice long ledge grind in merciless hoping to find some deceant gearz or some currency to trade for. I currently have a max wealth of 1 ex 5 gcps 1 divine orb and 1 regal orb and 2 chaos.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You can get some sweeet gears. With that stuff!

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
This dual EK totem build is insane. I am in Merciless Act 2 and have only died maybe 4 times. Twice due to lag spike desync and the others I was actually either rooted and got mobbed or due to being punctured without realizing it and running around. My bow Ranger must've died 100 times in Act 1 Merciless alone.

The only tough parts are when I get a small room filled with blue/yellow mobs and a Sin Lord/Defiler way in the back of the room rezzing everyone. If that happens, I pop a 8k armor flask, run in, toss the totems and it gets cleared.

It will be fun to farm maps and not die so much that I lose the portals before even coming close to finishing the map.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

What is EK again?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Ethereal Knives.

Cone of projectiles out in front of you. Buffed by spell damage but does physical damage.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Rofl, why do I keep forgetting it?

How goes your adventures in SC?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven