Search similar:

uniqs

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

I'll prolly get a chance to play a bit today but Friday and Saturday are going to be long PoE days for me. Hoping to get into merciless in HC.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Made it past mervial last night.

Ranged tanked it with max cold res and it was a breeze. 1500 hp right now. Level 44. Still need more mana. Headed to EB now on the passive tree but I won't see EB till probably the end of merciless. Still trying to find a nice 30% mana regen amulet to alc.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Made myself a dual totem witch. Got crappy gear mostly and still kicking ass. So for no problems with anything. I am in Act 1 Cruel at the moment at level 41. Got Eldritch Battery skill and even with using Hatred and Clarity, I still have almost 600 mana with a super fast regen rate on it so I can spam totems non-stop as I run through maps.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I have moved all my currency and chars to SC.

I'm too casual for this HC biz lol.

That being said the Ice Shot ranger is in Act 1 merciless. The ele cleave shadow is in the last act of normal. Still having a blast with this game. Getting ready for a nice long ledge grind in merciless hoping to find some deceant gearz or some currency to trade for. I currently have a max wealth of 1 ex 5 gcps 1 divine orb and 1 regal orb and 2 chaos.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You can get some sweeet gears. With that stuff!

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
This dual EK totem build is insane. I am in Merciless Act 2 and have only died maybe 4 times. Twice due to lag spike desync and the others I was actually either rooted and got mobbed or due to being punctured without realizing it and running around. My bow Ranger must've died 100 times in Act 1 Merciless alone.

The only tough parts are when I get a small room filled with blue/yellow mobs and a Sin Lord/Defiler way in the back of the room rezzing everyone. If that happens, I pop a 8k armor flask, run in, toss the totems and it gets cleared.

It will be fun to farm maps and not die so much that I lose the portals before even coming close to finishing the map.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

What is EK again?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Ethereal Knives.

Cone of projectiles out in front of you. Buffed by spell damage but does physical damage.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Rofl, why do I keep forgetting it?

How goes your adventures in SC?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Havent had much time to play.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Bummer. Im taking a break from the game for awhile. I have a real issue with the multiplayer set up, it can be very frustrating...

I just want my Diablo 2 style of MP again =(

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

I have moved all my currency and chars to SC.

Died huh?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Yea. I did, it was my fault but I don't play enough to want to grind normal + cruel again. But my ranger is flailing on Merciless ledge so I may have to anyway which makes me feel dumb. I may play just play league if I can't gear myself out of my current predicament. I am really lacking dmg but my defense is solid. 6k armor and 2 talents away from 50% + all resists. I do need some chaos dmg and maybe a bit more life. Almost to 2k hp.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Are you a bow Ranger? I had no issues with the Ledge map. Open spaces and clumped up mobs are perfect for his lightning arrow build.

I picked up a set of those 100% rarity bonus on low life boots for my witch last night. The build is so solid I can solo all the bandit boss mobs with having only 350hp and barely 30% resists.

I should finish Merciless this weekend. Now I need to save up for those +80% rarity rings and get over 300 rarity to farm maps/bosses with and score some better gear.

If you need help just holler. I'll help you clear whatever you need. I'd sell ya my ranger gear if you want. Get ya a good deal on a killer bow and a 5 link chest all ready configured for ranger domination.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I 6 / 7 shot stuff. Other than that I don't have too many issues. It just grinds along at that speed. I think a bow would do wonders. I have a pretty beast chest already I think but 5 links would be sooooooo nice. I am stuck on a 3 and 4 right now.

I have 6 k armor thought I can litterally tank a whole group of white mobs lol. With some LoH I can stand there like a boss but it takes too long to kill shit. I think this is best case scenario though because dmg is much easier to come buy with gear.
Coolbrz
join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA

Coolbrz

My marauder is up to level 78. Been leveling a elemental cleave templar as well, just hit 59 on that.

Let me know if you guys want to group up on either character and farm/clear stuff.

You can add either one, Dartauder or Crastius

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
New melee support gems.

Go visit Kripparrian's youtube channel to see a break down of new things that are possible. Its pretty hilarious.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I am guessing they will be nerfing those gems/abilities shortly.
cyrus360

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Coolbrz haven't seen ya online to farm with you. I got a glass cannon build but I got 226% rarity and have 8500+ dps at the moment.

I actually don't die a whole lot with my new strategy of launching some skeletons with my totems. Once I pick up 2 of those 70%+ rings then I can ditch my low life rarity bonus boots. Though with those rings I would be at almost 400% rarity. If I can get a 6 socket linked chest I might even toss in a item rarity and item quantity set of gems for farming.

Did a map the other night, had 2 bosses, they melt under the dual EK totems. No good loot but had 4 maps drop off that one map. Just for fun I farmed the Hillock boss and got a few uniques off him. Nothing major but it just adds to the wallet when selling them.

Does it stack each players rarity/quantity rating? I have never really grouped up to farm at all. I just don't trust the random players.
Coolbrz
join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA

Coolbrz

Im a bit random with my playtime depending on what work i need to do.

As far as farming, I may slow you down as far as drops, my gear is terrible atm, i think im at 195ish rarity.

I think i read somewhere that it doesnt stack, i believe its based on who lands the killing blow. May have to check into that.

And my freeze pulse marauder is more defensive atm, Im adding offense now though through passives. We might make a good team though with your offense and all the auras i can run.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Just Started playing PoE

made it to level 30. Where is the best place to buy/trade items

How does the hour/3 hour race work is that a good way to obtain a quillrain bow?

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I don't think there is any real specific place to buy/trade items other than the in game trade chat channel or on the forums.

It's funny because I am starting to understand better what drops are valuable and what certain things are selling for. So it's funny to see so many people overpricing stuff or they get mad when they completely lowball you with a ridiculous offer and you decline it.

I scored a nice high end sword and sold it for a few exalted orbs then bought that new 6 socket totem robe. I was able to get it 5 linked in 20 fusings and got my color scheme I wanted with less than 20 chromo orbs. Now I am running with 290 rarity. I get 1 or 2 uniques a day now it seems. Mostly low end ones I sell for super cheap. Some of them though are so common, you cant even give them away.

This EK totem build is sick though. The robe allows a 3rd totem but you get hit with a level 20 curse every time a totem dies. I countered this by making 2 hybrid flasks with increased recovery and dispel all curses.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

That sounds nasty!
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh to BKayrac

to BKayrac
we need a race group!

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
just got my LA marauder to merciless

currently level 53...holy shit my resistances dont exist. need more armor. cant afford gear. looks like i have to make some alts

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Click for full size
Click for full size
Hit me up in game if you need help/gear. I had about 3 tabs worth of uniques but even though I sell them super cheap, I still have tons. I'll hook you up if I got something you can use. Or if you just need help with maps/objectives, just holler. I am playing on my totem witch Sinaloa_ don't forget the _underscore.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Resumed playing this game, pretty casually. At level 29 as a duelist. I play the range game (bow), and have almost never used my second weapon set. Range is too much fun right now. Game is very enjoyable at the moment.

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
»www.pathofexile.com/foru ··· d/216016

Link by request.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r

Premium Member

how item dependant are EK totem builds? looks like they can wear alot of IIR items

cyrus360
Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Well I am at 403% rarity and run with 1600 ES and 270 health. The only time I struggle is with ranged chaos mobs since their projectiles go right through everything or those fire/poison bomb throwing mobs. I end up rushing too much and walking into a clusterfuck of them and die.

Other than that though, I can farm through 66-70 level maps in less than 5 or 6 minutes.

The rarity does make a big difference. Definitely a lot more uniques drop and a lot of 5 and 6 socket items. Even had a few 5 link items drop for me. Still only had 1 exalted drop right when I started playing and I wasted it not realizing the value of it.