pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

Hehe, 3 Chaos Orbs dropped during my first 5 levels on Anarchy, NICE!

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Lucky bastard!

Anarchy is definitely the way to go right now. Not only does it give you a more generous economy, but as pr1mo said, it spills into standard at each 4 month ending, and it gives you the chance to get the league only items. There's actually some great items that you only get in Anarchy/Onslaught, and when it ends, they go with your character to standard and you can make your other characters even stronger. It's a win-win in my book.

Time difference is going to suck for me. I'm 7 hours ahead of EST, so my playtime with yall might get limited by a lot. I have 2 49s in Anarchy, and a bunch under level 10. I also have a fresh Onslught started, a summoner witch.

Since your playing a pulser, we'll see what forty decides to play, if he mans up and joins us, and I can either create a new character to run with yall, or pick up with yall on my 49 tank marauder or 49 ranger that's a sucking glass cannon build.

Keep your progress posted here if possible, that way if we can't meet up ingame, we can at least stay somewhat together for when we do get the chance to game. My 49 ranger just started act 3 cruel (but at a halt cause I can't stay alive) and my 49 (almost 50) marauder is on piety at the end of act 3 cruel, but I've been grinding in catacombs (highest level area). I think I'll end up grinding out a few levels before going back to try and kill piety. He's a beast and doesn't die, except to Kole and end act bosses usually. He's over max resistances, with 3.4 or 3.5k armor, and 1400 hp and roughly 50% or alittle better block chance. He's quite durable, just has horrible dps (my heavy strike with melee splash linked to it and increased physical damage with hatred and anger auras only gets 600dps). He can take the hits, just not give them, so I need a much better weapon and some quality gems. Everything else seems to be great for the difficulty I'm at. I want to push him up to Ledge on merciless and grind well into the 60s, then push all the way to docks and grind there to mid/late 70s, then start maps once he's geared.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

1 edit

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
I think I want to do Crit Dagger Lightning Strike.
Start as Shadow.

Or maybe a Crit Staff Templar. That would look pretty cool I think.

I'll start on it tonight. I had hubby chores yesterday.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I had hubby chores yesterday.

Well, what did you do after your 30 seconds of work?

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I'll be on tonight, was out with a few friends for a birthday celebration (not mine). J_Cutty_Buddy is my name.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I started up a new character in Anarchy last night. Can't decide exactly what I'm going to become, but will probably be a discharge templar. Haven't decided yet, and I'm still just level 13 or 14, so plenty of time to play with ideas. I've researched a few builds and find them all pretty strong, so I'll play and see.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
I started my Anarchy char.

I haven't found any scrolls!

Sitting with almost a whole tab of unidentifieds lol.

Got to Mervail last night. Will try and get up to Vaal tonight.

When will yall be on?

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I'm 7-10 hours ahead of anyone in the states, depending on what time zone you live in, so it's very hard for me to play at the same time yall do. I'm on in the evening here, and rarely get on in the morning and during the day Sunday (my day off)

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Leveled to 19 on Anarchy last night.

@Fortyseven : just pickup a bunch of white crap and vendor it. It's time consuming, but it helps build up a small supply of scrolls.

I should be on tonight ~9:00 CST, maybe 9:30.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Well, I finally found my groove with my tank. Got him up to 57 tonight and he just doesn't die in act 1 merciless at all. He sits at 70% physical reduction, with capped light resist, 68 cold and 50 fire. Only about 60hp regen a second, but has 1726hp so it's not hurting at all. I run determination, purity, and thempest shield at all times giving me 60% block rate at the moment. I'm absolutely loving it again. Got him a new weapon which gave him 200 more dps, putting him to almost 700aoe dps.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Got 2 more Chaos Orbs last night in the first 5-minutes of playing. That makes a total of 5 Chaos Orbs in my first 20 levels. I'll say this, I strongly believe that upon character creation, some kind of magic/behind-the-scenes 'roll' takes place, which determines how good your character's rolls/drops will be throughout playing. I say this because currency drops have been crappy-to-mediocre for my Duelist, same with crafting for the most part. However, my Witch is constantly seeing Armourer's Scraps, these Chaos Orbs (which are supposed to be more rare than this apparently), Chromatics, Whetstones, alts/trans/augs. Seriously, it's raining currency! (Hey RNG Gods! Toss me some exalts!).

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I find currency at a pretty medicore rate. I can't really complain, cause I have gotta 1 exalt so far, and several chaos/alch's among others. My problem is that I'm huge on crafting, so most of this stuff disappears quickly after I find it, especially alchemy orbs.

Slowly starting to play an EK shadow, but he's only like level 7 so far, so a lot of playing to do. My tank is up to 58 now and almost done with act 2 merciless. I'm staying in party games all the time, and breezing through content. I'm the only one that doesn't die usually, which is funny cause I'm also the lowest level. Once I get my hp way up, I'll be far stronger. Just trying to get to docks so I can farm into my 70s.

I tried doing the 1h descent race last night. That's hard as hell. Died twice before level 3, then died at level 7 and gave up. Took me a good 30 minutes to even reach level 7, and the zones were getting very hard. I was playing a ranger, and I just wasn't strong enough to kill things quickly and keep my mana, so it was hurting pretty bad. I need to mess around and try and get better at it and try again on another day.
Noiche

Noiche

Premium Member

Got somewhat lucky the other day. I was able to trade a few things and get a new weapon that almost doubled my dps. I'm now at 1125dps with melee splash on my tank, and at 61. He's in act 3 now, trying to work towards getting to docks so I can grind out a bunch of levels.

I also found a Searing Touch, ilvl 60, but only has 1 slot at the moment. I don't remember the roll on it, but I think it was pretty decent. If either of yall want this in Anarchy, I'll give it to you. I don't really need it cause I'm not even leveling anything to use it at the moment, and have no plans to in the near future, and I know how sought out this unqiue is. Let me know here or in game if you'd like it, or anything else that I can help with.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
Into Ledge farming Act 1 Cruel.

DPS is ok right now but looking for crit chance cast speed wands and life/ev gear.
Let me know what you need.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I have the worst luck in the game for finding wands, but I might have some EV gear lieing around in my stash. I have about 2 pages in my stash of 4-5s/linked gear that's white/magic, just waiting to be put through some enhancements. I'll dig through and see what I can find for you.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
If you find anything with cast speed and life as far as jewelry goes that would be very useful as well!

Playing EK, Fire Trap and its been pretty fun so far. Crit chance is about 20% and when I crit I kill everything!

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I'll be on the lookout!

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
I progressed past Brutus last night.

I have my gems for my 5 link EK now. Just need a chest.

EK -> Faster Casting -> Faster Projectiles -> Increased Crit Chance -> Increased Crit Multi
Will have to use mana/life leech when needed.

I also am leveling Increased Rarity and Increased Quantity So I can swap those in for farming.

Currently sitting at 1k life and 400 dps with 3 link Ek -> Faster Casting -> Faster Projectiles.
2 - 3 hitting all white mobs and a crit kills every normal mob.
20% crit roughly right now.

Hopping to get to Felshire tomorrow or the next day. This is now my second highest char! lol

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Very nice man. Are you using daggers or claws? I searched my stash and I don't really have anything amazing for 50ish in eva/life, and all my extra rare jewelry is heavy resist stuff, no faster casting. I'll keep an eye out, but haven't had a chance to play much last 2 days or so cause this week has been really busy. Might be on tonight though.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to BKayrac

to BKayrac
I am going to end up using wands. Crit Chance, Spell Power, and Cast Speed are the best stats I think.

I made it to Felshire yesterday.

EK is really nice. Everytime I feel my damage isn't great I wait and level my gem and boom dps problem solved with just the next level gem. Its fantastic. I am running a 4 - link now.

EK -> Faster Casting -> Crit Damage -> Iron Will
I don't think Iron Will is that impressive right now. I may try to Chrome the links to get b - b - g - g so I can replace the Iron Will with Faster Projectiles or b - b- b- g and use Crit Strikes.

My Crits still one shot every white mob. So satisfying on huge packs!
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Just did the math. I will hit 50% crit in Merci I think w/ 6 Power Charges, Crit Weakness, and 150% crit on gear.

Thats sick.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Nice! That's pretty deepsy

I'm absolutely loving my LA Ranger. So glad I decided to come back to a physical ranged character (freezing pulse just wasn't doing it for me). Currently Level 24, I'm playing casually I'd say, however, I have all day today to myself so I'm working on some levels. If you guys need any gems or items, let me know, and I'll be on the lookout.
pr1mo

pr1mo to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

I am going to end up using wands. Crit Chance, Spell Power, and Cast Speed are the best stats I think.

I made it to Felshire yesterday.

EK is really nice. Everytime I feel my damage isn't great I wait and level my gem and boom dps problem solved with just the next level gem. Its fantastic. I am running a 4 - link now.

EK -> Faster Casting -> Crit Damage -> Iron Will
I don't think Iron Will is that impressive right now. I may try to Chrome the links to get b - b - g - g so I can replace the Iron Will with Faster Projectiles or b - b- b- g and use Crit Strikes.

My Crits still one shot every white mob. So satisfying on huge packs!

EK is physical projectile damage though, you sure it'd be affected by Spell Damage?

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

EK is one of the strangest gems in the game. It deals Physical Projectile damage in the form of throwing knives. Its also classified as a spell which means it scales with spell power and cast speed instead of weapon damage and attack speed. Because it deals physical there is very small overlap where I can use Physical damage %. Rustic sash and the physical bandit reward are the most notable. Most Phys stuff on gear won't affect EK because it is for weapon phys.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Gotcha! You're right, pretty weird, hehe. Well, I picked up a few upgrades last night and I leveled from 24 to 36, about to down Piety on Normal.

-I alchemy'd a 24% PhysDMG/30% WED/40 Max Life (awesome luck on that one!)
-I bought a Death's Harp unique bow from a friend for cheap (crazy damage increase, 4L with just the right colors)
-I also alchemy'd a really nice Fire Resistance Ring (30% FR/30% WED/30 Max Life, 19% IIR, WOW)
-Monster dropped a new helmet, Malachai Simula unique (Mostly using this for the blood magic since it'd be quite a few levels before I picked it up from the passive tree, however, I'm also leveling a Life-on-Hit gem with that so - LA, LMP, LGoH, WED linked)

DPS is pretty nuts right now. I pretty much 1-shot all whites, 2-3 shot magics depending on distance and how many LAs hit, poison arrow for single targets which has ridiculous dps itself. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like once I 5L LA with the addition of Chain. This game is too much fun! I can't wait to run some maps with you guys!

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Is that a belt at 24% phys / 30% wed/ 40 life? Thats nasty!
Rings Nasty/Bow Nasty.

Good job man looks like you are on your way to a good build.

Chain will poop on your dps until both that and LMP is higher level. Remember that they have alot of %dmg reduction and may not be worth it until your dmg per projectile goes up.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo

Premium Member

Yup, that's that first item was a belt, then I Alchemy'd the ridiculous ring. Whoooo was I a happy gamer last night, lol. I definitely agree with you on the Chain. The current 4L is pretty expensive right now as it is, so I'm willing to wait for more.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

My 49 Ranger still happily uses her Death's Harp bow. It's an amazing bow for 32, and gives you that extra projectile on everything.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
Bump because the the official game release (1.0) is set for October 23rd.

Upcoming 1.0.0 Skills and Support Gems, Anarchy/Onslaught ending and San Francisco Meetup Pictures - »www.pathofexile.com/foru ··· d/534940

Supporter Pack upgrades, Raptr Q&A, upcoming Build of the Week season and new Passive Skills - »www.pathofexile.com/foru ··· d/535580

Official Path of Exile Release Trailer»www.gametrailers.com/vid ··· -trailer

Good link here for an in-depth look at what's in store for PoE with Chris Wilson (Lead Developer) - »www.gamespot.com/shows/n ··· 20131004

Currently playing my DW Reaver Duelist @ Level 80 - IGN = Shushi_Roll

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Thanks for posting this!

I may have to come back.