share rss forum feed

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

In game:

Hiltzar

yes this game is the shit, no AH to ruin the excitement of finding/making my own gear

its not an AH game, its a loot game, very nice

Samus82
Radly

join:2002-01-29
Alsip, IL
reply to BKayrac

i have been having nothing but a blast playing it. But i do have a few miffs about it.

The whole idea of this whole "Huge skill tree that can make your warrior also cast spells" and "your wizard wield an axe" to make your toon so unique is kind of bull dunk.

In reality if you take a warrior and go down the spell tree, he will be a half assed warrior and a half assed wizard that will be half as good as any warrior or wizard that followed their respective trees.

At least that just how i see it. I think they are trying new awesome stuff that is different, but i think they have to watch out. There becomes a point at witch trying to be different can just be stupid and convoluted.

They also need to fix the map and mini map. I mean come on it REALLY does look like its out of Diablo 1.

Alot of shit in this game is dark as hell too. I cant see shit sometimes...

Can they put a "exit to charicter selection screen" in the menu? Right now its exit game, or exit to login.

Great game , its all the gripes i can think of now.
--
Opinion is just a word people hide behind to try and justify them believing stupid things. It sure is easy to believe in something completely and totally stupid, say it's your "Opinion" and then everyone has to respect it.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

Been playing the shit out of it.

I think the maps thing....there is actually a skill later on I think that makes the map better. I think.

I agree about the skill tree, and it is difficult as FUCK to figure out what path you should take. I like the options, but it needs some way of filtering, or searching or something. My witch, for example, use zombies, there are 3-4 different places to pick up extra minions, but some are waaaaaaay over in the warrior / strength area. Be nice if I could find them all easier to plan my path.

Targetting is a bit rough. I'm using a fire AOE spell, which is awesome, but if I had to rely on costant wand aiming casting, I'd be pissed, I think.

Zombies AI is pretty bad...but then again, they're zombies.

I don't like that town portals can close on you after 8-15 min of being in town. It takes a lot of time to explore a map, and losing all of that because I'm sorting through items , or listening to the long winded quest details SUCKS.

I leave so much loot on the ground. Even just picking up blues, I get my packs full so fast. Need a way of doing something with the items without going to town.

What do you guys do with your items? I love the orbs, but I've been stockpiling and haven't used them, as I don't know if I'll need them more later on. I always do this, and it gets really annoying to myself.

Krimma is my name in game, so far. Look me up.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to BKayrac

Been getting kicked off server a lot lately or getting a blue screen and PC reboot about 4 times this week.Haven't had a blue screen in years.This game still needs a lot of work.I'm glad that its free.Still have mixed feelings about it though.Skill tree is pretty confusing and big that you have to go scrolling all over just to investigate a branch of the tree.That could have been streamlined a bit.The map sucks.
Don't care for dungeons being reset and map gone after about 15 minutes even though you have cleaned it out.Think they need to add more time before they reset a level.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

1 recommendation

reply to Koil

said by Koil:

I love the orbs, but I've been stockpiling and haven't used them, as I don't know if I'll need them more later on.

I think of the orbs as crafting mats basically. Every one or two major level break on weapons (req level to wield) I will craft me a new weapon if I haven't found a decent one. If I have a decent weapon, I may choose some other armor piece that is lagging behind or is crappy in stats.

The nice thing is, you can start with a grey. Sometimes even recommended to do this in my opinion because it gives you greater flexibility to find the number, color & links of sockets you need. Start with a couple whetstones or armor scraps to increase the quality first. These work 5% on greys, 4% on blues and 2% on yellows (I think). Anyway, do your quality improvement while it's still grey. Then, do a normal --> magic item transmutation or get wild and use an orb a chance for a chance to turn it into a yellow. Once you do that, you can add or change your magical properties with your other orbs. Have a yellow already but the sockets are the wrong color? Use a chromatic.

I'm really liking this aspect of the game. The ability to basically build your gear to your liking is really cool. Obviously the magical effects you get are random, but you can take a couple shots at it with the orbs and get some really nice gear.

Oh, and I found my first legendary this week-end. Immediately turned around and handed it to my buddy who could use it more than me. lol

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

Think I'll give it a shot today!

I was so pissed....I finally got a support gem. I was amp'd because it said "Increased Elemental Weapon Damage". In my excitement, I assumed this would go on my wand and would count towards my spells as well.

Not so fast....evidently, weapon is weapon, and I'm guessing there is a support gem for spells, as this doesn't seem to change shit on my spell numbers.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Yep, make sure you read things closely. So your wand that has 1-5 lightning damage additional on it now would have 1.6-8 damage. At least that's how I read that one.

And support gems are a bitch to socket. Finding the perfect combination to even use them.

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to BKayrac

Got my marauder up to level 55, on the final Piety quest in Act 3. Having a rough time thus far, need to try and find a better gem combo and possibly alter my play style a bit. And get some better armor heh. Had to re-spec a few points here and there, think im almost back on the correct path. Ill see tonight heh.

But all in all, still having fun with it.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to BKayrac

I guess I might have to install this shit and try it out.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to BKayrac

You all sold me, my in game name is bionicRod. I have only put ten minutes or so into it but will be playing today.

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

Still no Saviouss. I'm very surprised.

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to BKayrac

Koil this isn't TL2

you have to be very selective about what you pick up

the other PoE thread gives guidelines on what is the most valuable gear to sell for consumables and to snag as you run around

if you choose to pick up everything and vendor it, its going to slow you down and net you less income in the long run, be selective and keep moving

additonally i got the town portal spell this weekend, so now I can spam back to base whenever I want

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Dissembled

said by Dissembled:

Still no Saviouss. I'm very surprised.

a blizzard fanboy is a fanboy

change is painful

blizzard is not innovative anymore, and some people haven't come to terms with it yet

Dissembled

Indianapolis, IN
reply to BKayrac

True dat, but I was still expecting him to at least pop in and give it a "This game sucks, D3 RULZ!" kind of thing.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to BKayrac

I have been playing close attention to this game, and I am interested in trying it out. At the same time though, I am really not interested in playing this game if I am going to lose everything once the beta period is done. I am assuming that this beta period that Path of Exile is on is the same as every other game beta where they will wipe all stats once the release comes out.

Does anyone know when the game is set to be released?
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

TheThing

its open beta

NO WIPE

closed beta is done, at the end of closed beta there was a wipe... you are all set

THE GAME IS UNOFFICIALLY RELEASED, enjoy

Coolbrz

join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

Koil this isn't TL2

the other PoE thread gives guidelines on what is the most valuable gear to sell for consumables and to snag as you run around

if you choose to pick up everything and vendor it, its going to slow you down and net you less income in the long run, be selective and keep moving

additonally i got the town portal spell this weekend, so now I can spam back to base whenever I want

People should refer to the Wiki once they get used to the game a bit, if you go through the game without knowing some of the vendor recipes people may kick themselves later haha

»en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes

TheThing

once i get higher level, i will turn back on viewing whites

3 linked gem, white, nets some nice vendor prices

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

Koil this isn't TL2

What other thread? Linky?
--

My Blog - Raising Connor

TheThing

»Path of Exile - Guide and Tips

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

its open beta

NO WIPE

closed beta is done, at the end of closed beta there was a wipe... you are all set

THE GAME IS UNOFFICIALLY RELEASED, enjoy

Its not that I don't believe that, but is there a place where the devs have said that there won't be a wipe after the open beta is done?
--

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast

on the PoE website, they had a huge countdown which said:

for example:

Final Character Wipe in:
5 days 6 hours 17 minutes 4 seconds

if you go to the website they should have in the news history "Final Character Wipe"

trust me my friend, there will be no more intentional wipes!

if their servers go bonkers because of overload, thats another issue

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to BKayrac

The game unofficially launched Jan 23rd.

It's only unofficiall because its still open beta.

However, they promised no more character wipes.

This happened in GW2 also, and is pretty much the industry norm.

Closed Beta = wipes

Open Beta = no more wipes

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by TheThing:

The game unofficially launched Jan 23rd.

It's only unofficiall because its still open beta.

However, they promised no more character wipes.

This happened in GW2 also, and is pretty much the industry norm.

Closed Beta = wipes

Open Beta = no more wipes

Excellent! Thanks!
--

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH
reply to Nightfall

»www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70299

Says it in there too just to be double safe.
--
Team Discovery: Project Hope

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to BKayrac

right now I am excited to get the Blood Tap ability for my marauder... no more mana required! all abilities tap life instead!

this is so cool, cause right now my support gem gives me life for all minions hit by my cleave

I would like to be a marauder who runs with a crew of zombies... I am not sure this is possible however, since right now my INT is so low

but a 2H melee weapon marauder, who summons minions just sounds so awesome... hope its viable and possible!

TheThing

reply to BKayrac

FYI even if you screw up your first toon

you have an account wide bank stash

so all those mats go to your next toon

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to BKayrac

How easy is this game to play? Tempted to get my cousin into it, and he really liked WoW. Just wasn't good enough to master WoW. He found it incredibly annoying when he would lose control of his character in PVP all the time.
--

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

said by Nightfall:

How easy is this game to play? Tempted to get my cousin into it, and he really liked WoW. Just wasn't good enough to master WoW. He found it incredibly annoying when he would lose control of his character in PVP all the time.

Super easy, and low reqs, too

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

I often play one handed o.O