uniqs
pparks1
join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

pparks1 to hudiat

to hudiat

Re: Billing system--let's get this straight

said by hudiat:

How does a billing upgrade lead to longer wait times. More hiring means the wait is because of lack of workers. What happened between the last day of the old system and the first of the new system that all of a sudden more workers were needed?

As I was told, the new billing system caused so many problems with bills, channels, service, caused outages, problems, etc...that they always have 200+ people waiting on hold at any given time. Thus it's taking much longer than normal to answer the calls.
hudiat
join:2011-10-13

hudiat

Again, unless they are training new people faster than they can fix the issues, it's pointless. What happens when they do get back to normal? Are all the newly hired people out of work? The fact that they are hiring more means they think they can train them before the issues get resolved, which means we can expect issues a lot longer. They wouldn't hire and train new people if the issues were going to be fixed in a week. Their internal eta of solving this is long enough to justify new hires on this scale means something is screwed up more than they are letting us know.

Once the billing system is in place and everyone trained they will be more efficient and quicker at working with customers than before, otherwise why even do it, so when that happens they will need less employees than before this started, so all the new people are just gone? If they keep 250 employees on board that's a huge chunk of change, how can they not pass that cost on the users.
Gerard1234
join:2012-04-03

Gerard1234

Went online to check my bill and it is 397.64. Called and could not get through of course. I closed my account December 4th and my account was prorated from Nov 15 to Dec 15 I made payment with Comerica Web pay and they never applied it. They also just kept the account open even though I turned in the equipment and charge me with something I do not have. Now they are going to turn it into collections it says on the bill. My friends having the same problems with WOW too. Never do business with them again.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj

said by Gerard1234:

Went online to check my bill and it is 397.64. Called and could not get through of course. I closed my account December 4th and my account was prorated from Nov 15 to Dec 15 I made payment with Comerica Web pay and they never applied it. They also just kept the account open even though I turned in the equipment and charge me with something I do not have. Now they are going to turn it into collections it says on the bill. My friends having the same problems with WOW too. Never do business with them again.

Your only hope may be to go down to your local WOW office and get it resolved if you don't have the patience to wait almost an hour on hold or keep fighting busy signals .

If and when we decide to go to Time Warner at my place, I'm going to just take the WOW boxes and just head down to my local WOW office before I go to work and tell them to disconnect service after Time Warner does their install. I'm not going to even bother calling.
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

said by slyphoxj:

If and when we decide to go to Time Warner at my place, I'm going to just take the WOW boxes and just head down to my local WOW office before I go to work and tell them to disconnect service after Time Warner does their install. I'm not going to even bother calling.

And be sure and get a receipt for your equipment, and keep that receipt forever. Scan it to your gmail. Something. Never let it go. I've heard of too many horror stories about cable companies not keeping good track of things and sending accounts like yours to collections despite your having returned the equipment.