share rss forum feed

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

Direct TV. record 5 programs at a time

is this ala DISH hopper where you only get 4 networks for 3 hours or is it "any channel i get at any time i want"

really getting tired of doing bt to defeat cables "conflict screens"[no im not interested in renting 3 dvr's]
--
Despises any post with strings.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

said by dvd536:

is this ala DISH hopper where you only get 4 networks for 3 hours or is it "any channel i get at any time i want"

really getting tired of doing bt to defeat cables "conflict screens"[no im not interested in renting 3 dvr's]

nobody has this?
--
Despises any post with strings.

mrg54313

@rr.com

Yes, this is for 5 differenct channels, anytime, anyday.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma
reply to dvd536

I have the new HR34 Genie 5-tuner whole-house DVR system.

In addition to the main HR34 unit, I have 4 of the C31 clients, and two stand-alone non-DVR HD boxes for a total of 7 TV's.

The client units work off the HR34 and utilize its' tuners, and as such - there are limitations.

If you are recording something, and watching something else on the HR34 - there's two tuners being used. If someone is watching TV using one of the C31 clients, each of those uses a tuner.

In my situation, we've never had any issues. I have 7 TV's in the house. But, 4 of them are in bedrooms. One of my bedrooms doesn't have a TV (but it's wired and I can move a box and TV in there if need be). There is a TV in my living room, one in the family room, and one outside on the lanai. With only 4-people in the house and having two of the stand-alone boxes (with their own tuners), I don't expect to have any problems and have no complaints so far.

--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable

said by John97:

I have the new HR34 Genie 5-tuner whole-house DVR system.

In addition to the main HR34 unit, I have 4 of the C31 clients, and two stand-alone non-DVR HD boxes for a total of 7 TV's.

The client units work off the HR34 and utilize its' tuners, and as such - there are limitations.

If you are recording something, and watching something else on the HR34 - there's two tuners being used. If someone is watching TV using one of the C31 clients, each of those uses a tuner.

In my situation, we've never had any issues. I have 7 TV's in the house. But, 4 of them are in bedrooms. One of my bedrooms doesn't have a TV (but it's wired and I can move a box and TV in there if need be). There is a TV in my living room, one in the family room, and one outside on the lanai. With only 4-people in the house and having two of the stand-alone boxes (with their own tuners), I don't expect to have any problems and have no complaints so far.

Do you think it would be worth it to move to a HR34 from a pair of HR24's?

Considering, between the two HR24's there's well over 200 hours of recorded content that still needs to be watched?

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
reply to dvd536

Keep both Hr24's & add the HR34 that way you will be able to record 9 programs at once if need.

mattrixx

join:2004-02-18
Orland Park, IL

said by westdc:

Keep both Hr24's & add the HR34 that way you will be able to record 9 programs at once if need.

I would seriously like to know which (more than one program at a time) are worth recording, yet alone finding the time to watch all of them?

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

The Op said he had a bunch of stuff to watch still left on the HR24's If he keeps them He can watch them and still have the additional recording power should he get the HR34.

I agree with The Content Issue and time factor, I don't need that much but perhaps the op does - to each his own.

Also Keeping the other 2 HR's allows those sets to view and pause live tv without taking a 2 tuners away from the HR34 - If the op was viewing the same 2 other sets using a C31's.

Cutting the HR34 Recording Down to two if watching a live channel from it -then it would be possible to have a recording conflicks.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to dvd536

Any channel, any time. We're getting up to 7 shows at a time because we kept the original DVR and moved it to the bed room.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to mattrixx

said by mattrixx:

said by westdc:

I would seriously like to know which (more than one program at a time) are worth recording, yet alone finding the time to watch all of them?

Wednesdays I record a ton of shows in between 9-11. CSI, Criminal Minds, Inside The NFL, Inside NASCAR, Jim Rome, American Horror Story, South Park and I see Barter Kings is now on Wednesdays at 10. Plus theres a good chance theres a hockey or baseball game I want to catch and I occasionally like to catch either or both The OReilly Factor and Hannity. Granted not all of these shows are on every week but its a lot. Sunday nights are also rough when everything is in full swing. Late NFL games on CBS and FOX wrapping up, Football Night In America and Sunday Night Football, the entire Animation Domination block on FOX, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, The Mentalist, Cupcake Wars and in the very beginning of the Fall, The Great Food Truck Race.

Having the extra tuners is great. Between my cable and DirecTV set ups, Im running 2 TVs with 4 DVRs, with a combined 11 tuners for 2.5TB worth of recording space. They do get quite the workout during this time of year
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

mattrixx

join:2004-02-18
Orland Park, IL

said by Steve Mehs See Profile
Having the extra tuners is great. Between my cable and DirecTV set ups, Im running 2 TVs with 4 DVRs, with a combined 11 tuners for 2.5TB worth of recording space. They do get quite the workout during this time of year
[/BQUOTE :

Wow! I`m retired and would have a hard time finding the time to watch all your recorded programs.
When do you find the time to log into DSL reports?

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·ooma
·Verizon Broadban..
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to westdc

said by westdc:

Impossible to do with out adding a extra multiswitch. Which, I'm not going to do. I don't need to be able to record 9 programs at once. I've never had to record more than 4 at a time as it is.

And for the record, the content is recorded. I've just not found the patience to watch it.

I'm just now getting to episodes of Bones. Recorded in December of 2010.

I've got 45 episodes of Real Time with Bill Mararhahara to get through. Many movies. A couple of NYE shows with the NY Philharmonic (sp?), so on and so forth.

Just looking for an idea to get rid of some spinny disks and reduce my energy footprint.