« Won't happen
This is a sub-selection from Cities?
silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

Re: Cities?

You want the government to pay for ftth for you? That's great, but.... The government is broke. End of story.

On a side note... I have no problem with living on a gravel road. And using well water and a septic tank has saved me a considerable amount of money over the years.
big_e

join:2011-03-05

2 recommendations

Under the Bush administration the government had enough money to start a trillion dollar war under false pretenses, cut taxes on wealthy to the lowest levels in modern history, and prohibit medicare from negotiating drug prices with big pharma.

Funny how the government is always wealthy enough to give sweetheart deals to the rich and large corporations, but is always too poor when it comes to spending money on things that would benefit the rest of the population.
sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
said by silbaco:

You want the government to pay for ftth for you? That's great, but.... The government is broke. End of story.

On a side note... I have no problem with living on a gravel road. And using well water and a septic tank has saved me a considerable amount of money over the years.

Oh for the love of god who do you think ensures that septic tank you bought works as advertised? And I'm sure you won't mind a gravel road until it massively increases maintenance requirements on your car, or causes everyone else to live closer to civilization.
silbaco
Premium
USA

What do government regulations have to do with my comment? I never said regulations were bad, just wasteful spending.

As far as the septic tank... If you knew much about them you would know that there isn't much too them. Physics makes sure it works correctly, not the government. And I have lived on a gravel road for a long, long time, and have had relatively little maintenance done on my cars that were a result of gravel. Winter is the only real downfall and it hasn't been for several years.
Telco

join:2008-12-19
said by silbaco:

Of course you do and I am not even going to begin to question your 'way of life'. Not even sure why you are on the internet or using a forum about technology.

Now for the rest of us, we want to start spending our taxes modernizing and growing America again.
silbaco
Premium
USA

Not sure why I am on the internet? Well let me give you a hint. There is fiber up to my house and presumably not yours. That might be a start.
Telco

join:2008-12-19

said by silbaco:

Not sure why I am on the internet? Well let me give you a hint. There is fiber up to my house and presumably not yours. That might be a start.

Streets with gravel roads don't have FTTH and many don't even have cable running past their houses.

My bad. As a Repub, you mean for others who live on these sorts of streets. Boy, if I had $1 for every Repub who lives in blue states or civilization, rather than areas with the views they espouse, I'd be worth over $30 MIL by now.
silbaco
Premium
USA

Actually they do otherwise there wouldn't be an ONT on the side of my house and every house for miles around. You are just another clueless idiot who lives in a city bubble.

You would have one less dollar, as I am not a republican.