join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to cypherstream

Re: [HD] Never Saw this SDV Screen Before

said by cypherstream:

Its a software mapping though

Well I was really answering your point of:

quote:
If an HD box is connected via SD outputs, it will just letterbox or squish the HD picture to fit an SD signal anyway.
My point being, EVERY sub is NOT going to have an HD box anytime soon...

Point is, channel 10 is channel 10. If its WCAU 10 Philly or CNN or ESPN or whatever... you shouldn't have to know all these different numbers.

DirecTV's got it right here.

As well as does DISH; don't disagree with you here.

At least though BH DID have sense enough to take ALL the HD channels en mass, & put them up in the 1000's - so you just add a "1" to the normal (3-digit) SD channel. HELLAVA LOT better than what we have with Comcrap here - ALL HD is scattered willy-nilly in the 600's & 900's - & co-mingled w/SD channels in those (same) ranges...

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
Well because when you use an HD box it has its own firmware compared to an SD box, I think they should all just prioritize pulling in the HD signal ch 2-999. Then 1000+ make that the SD signal.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to dishrich
The numbers do not correspond in the 1000's with Bright House Florida. The SD numbers are different than the HD.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to cypherstream
said by cypherstream:

Well because when you use an HD box it has its own firmware compared to an SD box, I think they should all just prioritize pulling in the HD signal ch 2-999. Then 1000+ make that the SD signal.

this is supposedly going to happen with TWC's coming up master lineup coming out next year hopefully!

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
Looks like the new X1 box auto switches to HD. Check this video review:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0yQTqh7gM

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by cypherstream:

Looks like the new X1 box auto switches to HD. Check this video review:

(youtube clip)

those screens look similar to the black version of navigator except they are more in depth and more updated. I hear that Navigator is still too buggy although they do have poster art in search and on demand searches on the DCX-M and Samsung along with 4640HDC and 8640HDC and higher cisco boxes.

I believe that Navigator 6.0 is coming out as we speak.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to Os
said by Os:

The numbers do not correspond in the 1000's with Bright House Florida. The SD numbers are different than the HD.

I meant on the areas that did just change on the OP's links...

And frankly at this point, I'd even take BH-FL numbering scheme as is, over the (Com)crap we have now - I believe at least all of their HD is in the 1000's; beats having to jump between what we have now...

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to cypherstream
the pop says HD program so does it need the guide flag for it to auto tune?? can it auto tune to a HD channel with out needing the show to be flaged as being in HD.