uniqs
share rss forum feed

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

06 Jeep Liberty. Need part, but ?

I'm hoping anyone could help me out with a part for a 06 Jeep liberty. I have googled many things as i can think of, but don't know what the official name of the part is. The part I would call it a arm rest. It is used to pull the door open and closed. Its kinda a handle, but it just for pulling or pushing. Here is a picture of what it looks like. The part that broke off is no longer here. So i would like to buy a new one. Thanks for any info.
--
A.B.Mult.Horror

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2

Check a local wreckers for a pick-a-part. Far cheaper than new.
--
I'm not anti-social, I just don't like stupid people.

hurfy
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Spokane, WA
Reviews:
·Cutting Edge Com..
reply to cchheett

door pull or handle usually

If they were like my 91 Explorer all the ones in the wrecking yard are broken too

Cheap replacement one mostly fits....and grey instead of black...but i can close the door easily again. Did new hinge pins at the same time and it's like a whole different car.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
reply to cchheett

Door trim panel.

Wreckers is your only affordable option.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

said by Cho Baka:

Door trim panel.

If they'll part with just the arm rest. I've tried to get some trim parts where they won't sell the individual piece, since they're saving it for the whole interior panel, or for the whole door. YMMV though.

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06

said by cdru:

said by Cho Baka:

Door trim panel.

If they'll part with just the arm rest. I've tried to get some trim parts where they won't sell the individual piece, since they're saving it for the whole interior panel, or for the whole door. YMMV though.

i needed a door window switch for my grand prix... the whole door at the UPULL was only 30$ got my switch and got 15$ for the door at the metal yard

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium
Eagle Creek, OR
reply to cchheett

Thanks for the suggestions. I Can't find the part even if it cost a ton of money. I might have to find it on a junk dealer etc. like people have suggested. Its odd that i cant find the part even if somebody wants me to charge 50 to 100 dollars.
--
A.B.Mult.Horror

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

Can't even find the part? Have you tried a dealer?

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
kudos:1
reply to cchheett

Silly question, but do you know why the handle pull is no longer there? Even if you have a new one, are the fasteners on the door intact? (In other words, was the handle ripped from the door so that you can't reattach?)

rjgogo

join:2003-10-22
reply to cchheett

You can find a full parts catalog at this link with a schematic and everything, Every part on that is in the PDF you can download.

»www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php

Expand your moderator at work

pmohr
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Maryville, TN
reply to cchheett

Re: 06 Jeep Liberty. Need part, but ?

I believe the arm rest/door pull on those are plastic welded to the door panel, which means they won't be available separately. You'll likely have to get a whole door panel if you want that fixed.

I actually just pulled both front panels off of an '05 or '06 this morning, I didn't explicitly look but I don't remember that piece being designed for removal. The panel itself is very easy to replace, one screw in the door pull, another behind the handle, then it pulls straight off of the door.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

said by pmohr:

I believe the arm rest/door pull on those are plastic welded to the door panel, which means they won't be available separately. You'll likely have to get a whole door panel if you want that fixed.

I actually just pulled both front panels off of an '05 or '06 this morning, I didn't explicitly look but I don't remember that piece being designed for removal. The panel itself is very easy to replace, one screw in the door pull, another behind the handle, then it pulls straight off of the door.

That is what I was coming up with when looking at the link that rjgogo See Profile posted.

cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium
Eagle Creek, OR
reply to cchheett

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna have to talk to the dealer sometime.
--
A.B.Mult.Horror