spc
uniqs
stevey_frac
join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

1 edit

stevey_frac

Re: Kickstarter to raise funds for legal fees vs Voltage LLC

The next step is for me to write up the kickstarter campaign. Once we have some real money in the campaign, we should be able to convince a lawyer to take up our cause.

tsi_user_mis
@teksavvy.com

tsi_user_mis

Anon

Do you have a lawyer in mind? Should the lawyer that is worthy of cause and willing to help be found prior to the campaign? Thank you.
bw777
join:2012-12-12

bw777 to stevey_frac

to stevey_frac
I'm very interested in this thread and would contribute to the campaign. If there's a question of the "product" for Kickstarter, as was raised in an earlier thread, the product is the form letter.

I will say that I think that a letter would carry more weight actually coming from a real lawyers office, but having something pre-drafted will likely defer some cost.

It's probably best that the letter contains the legalese equivalent of "an IP address is not a person". (also see a recent US ruling)

If they get the court order and actually call people to court, the potential to make this case law in Canada is huge. Seek the support of the EFF then and start online fund-raising. Lots of people in Canada would love to see case law made here.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0

said by bw777:

I'm very interested in this thread and would contribute to the campaign. If there's a question of the "product" for Kickstarter, as was raised in an earlier thread, the product is the form letter.

I will say that I think that a letter would carry more weight actually coming from a real lawyers office, but having something pre-drafted will likely defer some cost.

It's probably best that the letter contains the legalese equivalent of "an IP address is not a person". (also see a recent US ruling)

If they get the court order and actually call people to court, the potential to make this case law in Canada is huge. Seek the support of the EFF then and start online fund-raising. Lots of people in Canada would love to see case law made here.

um were in canada laws are actually different eh?
bw777
join:2012-12-12

bw777

said by funny0:

said by bw777:

um were in canada laws are actually different eh?

Sure, but I wasn't stating it was case law. I was pointing out that courts in other countries are recognising that IP addresses aren't people.

IP addresses have the same properties from country to country, no?