how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bmantz65

join:2001-07-23
united state

[WIN8] Trouble swiping on sides of screen

I got a new Lenovo B540 (touchscreen desktop all in one) two weeks ago. It came with Windows 8 pre-installed. Up until a few days ago, everything was working fine. Now, if I try to swipe from any direction on the Metro screen, the bars do not appear or the action does not happen. If I use my mouse and hover over the right hand side, for example, the charms bar appears. Windows Updates are current and I have rebooted multiple times.

This is happening on all of our user accounts. I searched Lenovo's website and did not find anything. Anyone experienced this in Windows 8? Thanks.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Was there a driver update recently that might be related to this? If you go back via System Restore to a few days ago, do you still have the problem?
--
♬ Music is life ♬

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to bmantz65

sure sounds like hardware, not OS problems (possibly drivers)
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to bmantz65

At a guess it sounds like windows update might have found some new drivers, and those are not working out as well, otherwise the touch needs to be recalibrated if possible.

bmantz65

join:2001-07-23
united state
reply to bmantz65

Thanks for the replies. I did a System Restore back to a day after I booted up the system and the problem is still happening.