how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
reply to Styvas

Re: Vehicle Storage Insurance

It's pretty tough in Ontario given the private coverage here. If the vehicle is plated an on the roadway (driveways count) it needs insurance, if it's unplated and garaged you can get other coverages.

I'd specifically call an agent about this, is the vehicle your "past" primary means of transport?
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Yes, it was previously insured to drive but we've paired down to one car for the foreseeable future. I don't want to get rid of it, though, as we'll possibly need it again in a year or two.
--
"Moving your Tylenol to the low shelf in your medicine cabinet is not the way to prevent children from falling off a stool when reaching for the top shelf." (said by Savant, May 2008)

prairiesky

join:2008-12-08
canada
kudos:2

if it's that far away, sell it and buy a different one when you need it again. No point in A) paying insurance on it, B) letting it rot C)not gaining any value

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON

I don't disagree with that. Realistically, noone would buy it, and currently I couldn't afford to replace it, so I figure letting it sit is still cheaper than buying later.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

is it your Civic Si?

no one would buy it??...seriously??...you can probably get $10k for it...seriously, a coworker just bought (a few months ago now) a new Cooper S...he sold his 2001 Toyota Corolla (manual transmission, base model) for $5k in kijiji in one day...yea...$5k....for an 11 year old base model Corolla.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON

Yes, but it's a '99 with well over 400,000km and needs $1,000 of work. I can't see anyone wanting it.