spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jarrick
join:2012-12-12
Burnaby, BC

Jarrick

How to setup WRT54GL as a bridge for Actiontec router

I've been trying to setup an old WRT54GL v1.1 (using DD-WRT) as a bridge/access point to my Actiontec v1000H. I'd like to keep the telus router where it is as my main connection, but I'd like to run my linksys wirelessly in another room as a bridge that I can hook up, wired to my blu ray player for online content. How can I achieve this? I've tried a few suggestions I've found on here, but without success. The linksys does not get detected. Any help or links to tutorials would be appreciated.
Jarrick

Jarrick

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would be able to help me with this problem. I've searched the internet and found lots of help on creating a bridge/repeater with this router, but none took into consideration the Actiontec box as well. I can't tweak the settings on my WRT54gl to allow it to communicate with my V1000h. I would really love to find a solution to this problem.
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu

Pretty sure its not possible to do wirelessly. If you ran a wire to the WRT it'd be easy.... Otherwise you'd need 2 routers with tomato / DDWRT, and even then it's a long / annoying process.

if your set on not using wires, Look into power ethernet
rewrite2
join:2008-06-29

rewrite2 to Jarrick

to Jarrick
if dd-wrt supports wireless ethernet bridge as one of the wireless mode, thats the one you want to use. i have used this mode on tomato firmware to hooked up wired devices in my basement to my main router on the second floor. no special wifi mode needed for the main router.

mmb943
@108.181.132.x

mmb943 to Jarrick

Anon

to Jarrick
I set this up in my Dad's place using an old Linksy/DDWRT to a Netgear router for his viop phone and another across the house for his Squeezbox - so it's certainly doable.

I just setup the Netgear with the usual wifi settings (nothing special) and googled for the DDWRT wireless bridge settings. It was a 5 minute setup.