All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Hunter96
join:2012-12-12
Terrebonne, QC

Hunter96 to a_mckie

to a_mckie

Re: [Internet] Sagemcom 2864 port fowarding no longer working?!?

Btw I'm Mat...

I notice a couple of changes

1- on the internet setup page a new option is available. " DHCP FLUSH" which will clear all the devices that once connected to your network.
2- the default setup for Fibe is now WAN instead of PPOE

LeaveBell
@bell.ca

LeaveBell

Anon

Just a follow up on my previous message.

It's actually very easy to put SagemCom modem into Bridge mode, as it's described in my previous message. For this to work, you have to have your own router, in my case, I have Netgear 3700v1, I even noticed a slight speed increase over my previous setup.

This is my setup:

SagemCom (in Bridge Mode through factory reset) ===> NetGear 3700v1 Router (enter your pppoe id/password here, but not on SageMCom) ===> Reset of Computers/Server/Devices/TVs...
In SageMCom, I did use DMZ to forward all the traffic to NetGear, but I did nothing else.

I can access my home server both at home and away from home.

The only catch is you need a second Router which supports pppoe setup.
Hunter96
join:2012-12-12
Terrebonne, QC

1 edit

Hunter96

Will the fibe tv still work with the sagecomin bridge mode??
for the DMZ how do you setup this? which ip adresse?
is the sagecom still the DHCP server or that will be also handle by the netgear..
I have the same router than you, netgear 3700v2

LeaveBell
@bell.ca

LeaveBell

Anon

Well, first make sure that your netgear is connected properly to the internet. Then take a note of your netgear's ip address. They try the DMZ setting. You may also try port forwarding instead of using DMZ.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

I don't know whether fibre tv would work this way as I did not subscribe to fibre tv. But try anyways, if it did not work, you can always revert back to your original setup. (ie, do the pppoe id/password on Sagemcom as your current setup_

Btw, just noticed that Rogers started offering FTTH (Fibre to the Home), which is boasting speed of 250Mbps/250Mbps download/upload in certain regions. I am excited to this new development.

I chose Bell at this stage because I ran home server and want a decent upload speed, download speed is not very crucial to me, as long as it's not below 10Mbps.

With Roger's FTTH, we could have more choices, hopefully better competition is better for us consumers.
ruggs
join:2012-03-26
Ontario

1 edit

ruggs to Hunter96

to Hunter96
Fibe tv will not work in bridge mode, the sagecom needs to issue the set top boxes ip address for them to function properly.

And just because rogers is getting fiber doesn't mean prices are going down...
although that's what we all hope for and NEED