share rss forum feed

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Bluetooth mouse

I recently got a Logitech V470 Bluetooth laser mouse. I'm not very happy with it. It doesn't operate as smoothly as my V220 wireless mouse with USB receiver. And the Bluetooth mouse has a significant lag when you start moving it after it's been paused for a minute.

Is the Bluetooth connection inferior for use with things like mice? Is there a better mouse I could try?

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Premium,Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Optimum Online

I've had this -> "MX 5500 Cordless Desktop"
for over a year and have never had any of the problems you describe. I've also used the mouse with a laptop that has built-in bluetooth with no issues.
--
Ad astra per alas porci!!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Bob4

Yeah, I gave up on my Logitech bluetooth mouse (don't remember which one now) because the same issues... I wonder now if it's because I was/am still using the HP bluetooth keyboard and there was kind of conflict?. Pretty happy with my USB wireless Logitech mouse though so...
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Bob4

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 and accompanying Microsoft Wireless Bluetooth keyboard. I also have a Logitech diNovo Edge Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard with built in touchpad pointing device (touchpad disc).

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···26105053

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···23109041

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···o%20edge

They work fine,….

Some wireless devices tend to take some time waking after some small time of rest due to over zealous power saving schemes,…

I find my Logitech G7 mouse to be the best wireless mouse I have ever used but its not Bluetooth,..

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Bob4

Ok lets use some common sense, a bluetooth mouse that uses AA batteries. Without reading the manual it sounds like it puts itself to sleep to save power until movement is detected. The newer mice Logitech has created which are 2.4 wireless are not longer pure blueooth for power reasons.

I also have the mx 5500 desktop, and that mouse eats it's rechargable battery quickly. It's only used on a desktop system connected to the living room hdtv, but at least that will connect to a usb transceiver so it can be used like a corded mouse software wise.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

AlphaOne
I see
Premium
join:2004-02-21
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
reply to Bob4

Never liked the idea of using bluetooth for keyboards and mice.
Last year, I bought the Logitech MK710 (keyboard and mouse combo), as I'm tired of replacing batteries after only a few months.

Lo and behold, I kid you not, I haven't replaced the original batteries on both keyboard and the mouse. These new Logitech devices are really battery savers.

I just checked and it says I still have 1069 days left on the mouse, and keyboard battery is still full.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

I never understood the reasoning for wireless devices when something is directly in front of you, and you're next to the device. Mice maybe due to cord length, or movement resistance however wireless is generally not recommended for gaming.

Those are estimated times, I've had more than one wireless device say up to x, but really x is letting it sit not using it the entire time. the mx 5500 mouse said up to two weeks, it wouldn't go more than 2-3 days before needing to be charged.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.