Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn

Re: Java Updates/Java SE 6 Update 38/Java SE 7u10

I am confused. You are saying that when I opened Java Panel on Control Panel and pressed the "Check for Updates Now" button that it checked at java.com? I don't see why it would do that. I think it got the update directly from Oracle as Java.com still was showing the old version.

My point is don't use oracle.com or java.com. Enter the Java panel on Control panel (where you should have automatic updating unchecked) and press "Check for Updates Now" as that is how I got the latest version when this thread was first posted.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

I don't know how you update your systems but I don't use any part of the update mechanism (not even the Check for Updates Now) as I disabled it on my rigs. I just go to Oracle.com to obtain the latest builds when reported. If the update mechanism works for you, great! Whether the updater checks Java.com or Oracle.com... I don't know. But there have been many update threads in the past that have shown that it did not always work to correctly detect an updated build. But if there is an update to Java online, you can bet it will already be on Oracle.com before it hits Java.com. As you yourself pointed out earlier in the thread.