29393955 (banned)
Always the green wire
join:2011-09-11
Mount Juliet, TN

29393955 (banned) to silbaco

to silbaco

Re: Woohoo! Ads!

said by silbaco:

I'd rather keep my privacy and pay money every month than let google datamine my data...

And what do you think they are doing now?!? They have NO need to own your internet pipe in order to see your internet habits. Nothing you do on the internet (even through proxies) is truly hidden; I've seen some of the most 'lightweight' tools the NSA and MIL folks use, and even those don't know the meaning of 'closed doors'.

Your "data" is being mined by a whole bunch of folks in addition to Google - and unless you COMPLETELY disconnect from the net, you are NOT going to change that. The net no longer makes it harder to mine your data, it actually makes it easier. Do just a tiny bit of research - you'll be amazed at the least; scared or paranoid if you are inclined to such. Besides, Google mining your data is pure innocence compared to some of the nefarious 'miners' on the net.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Clearly Google does need access to my internet pipe or they wouldn't have made datamining to see what information providers have access to a key part of Google Fiber.

The NSA, CIA, FBI, etc. all have access to my data, no doubt. But they are not Google. We have a strong fear of the government spying in this country, but no fear of third parties that carelessly collect and store our data. No parties other than my ISP have direct access to my internet pipe which is perhaps the single most important piece of data an advertising and datamining company could want.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

in part because we know why these companies want our data, for profit.

We worry about the government because they will never ever tell us why and if you ask its always classified.