how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fljoe

join:2012-12-12

[CFL] BHN Orlando - Tuning Adapter Problems with TiVoHD

Folks,

I have had the tuning adapter since the past 4 yrs connected to my TivoHD which has 2 single channel cable cards provided by BHN. Recently I am having issues where the SDV channels do not tune in at all. Now since today some of the main non-SDV channels like Fox which is 1035 does not come in at all while NBC 1020 is very choppy and pixelated. ABC 1090 and CBS 1060 are fine.

I tried various trouble shooting steps like disconnecting power on the tuning adapter and disconnecting the USB cable, waited for 1 minute and then connected the power back until I got a solid light on the Tuning Adapter and then connected the USB cable. Then I reset the TiVoHD box and restarted it, but nothing is improving .. still no FOX channel and NBC is still pixelated.

I have scheduled a tech to come tomorrow, but I am afraid whether they will be able to solve my issue.

Anything else I can try in the meantime?

Thanks!

-Joe

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Joe open a direct forums thread and include your IP address. I will make sure the tech knows what needs to be done when he gets there so we solve this in one visit.

fljoe

Couple of techs came in and they replaced 2 of my single stream cards with a single multi-stream card and I now get a bunch of SDV channels that were missing before. They have determined that my signal levels are very low so they are going to run new cables from the junction box outside my house to my inlet on the wall and also replace the cable from the splitter to the cable outlet besides my TiVo box. Hopefully that will improve the pixellation on the NBCHD (1020) and FOX (1135) channels and pull in couple of SDV channels that are not viewable now.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to fljoe

When are they coming back to run the new drop.

fljoe

They will be at my house Saturday morning (12/15/2012) from 8am -10am. I am still missing bunch of SDV channels and hopefully the new drop will fix the issue. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Joe

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to fljoe

Yup they updated me this morning. Jayson is a great guy..you are in very good hands

fljoe

Absolutely .. Jayson was great yesterday .. knew what he was doing. He also gave me his supervisor's business card to contact in case I need help down the road. What fantastic service! I am glad I am with BHN for the past 12+ years.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to fljoe

But to think you had doubts

fljoe

And sure enough they provide the disappointment. Knock on the door at 8am from the BHN contractor just to tell me that the guy responsible to bore the hole to pull the cable through the driveway did not show up, so the work has been rescheduled for Monday afternoon now. Will keep you updated.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to fljoe

They did the driveway bore on Saturday while you were gone after talking with you. The remainder will be completed tomorrow while you are home.

fljoe

The contractors came back today and did a check on the signal levels on the new drop. The signal was excellent. Then they checked the levels by the TV outlet and although the meter showed green, they were getting negative decibel readings. I was already getting all the SDV channels now, but they said that a new line from outside will really improve the signal levels. They put in the new line and the signal levels did improve drastically. From negative DBs to all positive now and all my SDV channels are working now.

I am very happy with the work done and everyone was very professional and courteous. I am glad I am still with BHN!

Thank you BHNtechXpert to taking care of me!!!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by fljoe:

The contractors came back today and did a check on the signal levels on the new drop. The signal was excellent. Then they checked the levels by the TV outlet and although the meter showed green, they were getting negative decibel readings. I was already getting all the SDV channels now, but they said that a new line from outside will really improve the signal levels. They put in the new line and the signal levels did improve drastically. From negative DBs to all positive now and all my SDV channels are working now.

I am very happy with the work done and everyone was very professional and courteous. I am glad I am still with BHN!

Thank you BHNtechXpert to taking care of me!!!

I was just the front facing guy... your CFL team under the watchful eye of Jayson made it happen

--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~