exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
reply to exocet_cm

Re: HP enterprise support

Sweet. Sam #2, who works with HP Servers and networking, took ownership of my issue and spent 29.26 minutes trying to locate my device serial number after which he was successful and will have a new unit sent to me by start of business tomorrow morning.

Garbage that it took so long to get some help.

Edit: 1.800.633.3600 for enterprise UPS systems/HP contract support services. Sam #2 said that, in the event that I get caught up in the help desk system, say "HP Proliant server running Microsoft Server 2008 R2" and it'll get to his group of tech support agents that support servers and UPS'.
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2

There was a time when HP was my first choice for servers and business gear, based on quality product and excellent support. But they have declined so far in past couple years that I won't even consider purchasing from them.

I am glad you eventually got things worked out. But the run-around you were put through seems pretty typical of HP these days.
--
Intel i7-2600k /ASRock P67 Extreme4 /4x 4Gb G.Skill /2x Intel 510 series 250Gb SSD /3x WD20EADS 2TB /2x PNY GTX 260 /Silverstone 850W /Custom water cooler /Antec Twelve-Hundred