uniqs
share rss forum feed

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to elwoodblues

Re: Sell the Gardiner Expressway - Adam Vaughn

said by elwoodblues:

The city has be told by city staffers that the Gardiner will require 1/2 billion dollars over the next decade in repairs to keep it from crumbling.

Comrade Miller who was planning on tearing the expressway down stopped all but emergency work on the eastern portion.

The Star's unofficial choice for the next mayor, Adam Vaugn is saying the city should sell it to private interests and let them toll and maintain it. Yeah that's worked really well on the 407 where it almost cost me 10 bucks from the 401 to the next exit.

Adam

it's all coming down

LMAO...
you made me laugh with the headline. I just heard in the news the lefty schmuck is blaming Ford Administration. Yes the same one who was never allowed to govern since the election.

"Councillor Gord Perks, on the left, blamed the administration of Mayor Rob Ford for sneaking around council to kill an environmental assessment that would have given councillors the means to make a decision. “This administration doesn’t seem to care about the technical facts, they don’t seem to care about the financial facts and they don’t seem to care about what Torontonians want,” he said."

And forgot add that 40 millions were spend on repairs. But they dont know what and where it was.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Well, at least they are calling it the "Ford Administration" and not the "Ford Regime".

Everyone know that the Gardiner is in rough shape for a long, long time. This is a infrastructure deficit and the previous government(s) failed to take care of.

In other new, many cities around Ontario and Canada have major infrastructure deficits, and in Kitchener it's $1,500,000,000.00 (yes, $1.5 BILLION) -- and they want money from the Feds and ON to help out with it. And that is for just for the core area's....However, we do have a $900,000,000.00 flashy new LRT being built, we had $100,000,000 for downtown redevelopment (and for what it's worth, it was well spent) and $70,000,000 for a new Consolidated Maintenance Facility (know known as the "KOF" (Kitchener Operations Facility)) but if we had money for that, money can be found for the other "more important" things.

In other words, none-provincially owned, or none-federally owned, should just figure it out. (Although Kitchener is suggesting that the Feds need to hand out $5,000,000,000.00 to the cities to help out with this -- GST money on gas purchase -- and I agree)
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein
Expand your moderator at work