dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

Re: I might be in the newspaper tomorrow

as expected, the city approved the zoning change, but have asked the builder to address the concerns raised...in early February, there will be a site planning meeting scheduled...hopefully it goes well.

to give you an idea of how things are just rubber stamped here, take a look at the condo complex a couple of blocks away:

»maps.google.ca/maps?hl=e ··· ,,1,3.63

these units have been for sale for about a year...nobody wants them...why, do you ask??...i don't know, perhaps because of how much of a pain in the ass it would be to get into and out of your driveway every friggen time!??!...seriously, didn't anyone look at these before giving them the green light??...of course not...the city sees $300k in property taxes and creams their pants.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

Are those towns over priced ? They don't look to shabby, would fit right into some new development here somewhere in Mississauga
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

That's just weird how the boulevard is placed relative to the driveways.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

Are those towns over priced ? They don't look to shabby, would fit right into some new development here somewhere in Mississauga

i think most town homes are overpriced, but that's me...they are in the $205-$230k range...the complex is over half vacant...as i said earlier in this thread, there are 5 other complexes in the immediate area that are half empty with plots of vacant waste land just sitting there.

this is what they look like:

»www.realtor.ca/propertyD ··· 60779606
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather
said by mr weather:

That's just weird how the boulevard is placed relative to the driveways.

yup, because i believe the "main entrance" was supposed to be the only "driveway" on the road...whoever buys those units better not have a car, because there will be accidents there as cars turn left (or right) and will then slam into whoever is backing out (who is unlikely to be able to gauge when to do it)...there isn't enough distance between the first few driveways and the end of the street...add in some darkness, snow/ice, etc and bang...not only that, but if you are in your driveway, and want to go North on Hyde Park Rd, you have to pull out of your driveway and go East, then either do a multi-point turn (on a road this is already a little busy) or do a U-turn (if your vehicle is capable of it) when you get to the end of the median so you can turn right at Hyde Park Rd (to go North, or left if you want to go South)...neither is a good option.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
Any word on this project, or has it been buried by this whole Fontana-hole thing?

The curb thing is suppose to slow down traffic, along that section there would be no parking on either side so the theory is that cars would have to swerve around to avoid obstacles.

In reality drivers don't slow down or bother to turn more sharply, they will just cut each other off and drive willy-nilly across all lanes. People will just do U turns or use the driveways at either end to turn around.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member

koira

Premium Member

This place will be a zoo when everyone comes over at Christmas. I don't see any guest parking and that should be required in the zoning.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

...nobody wants them...why, do you ask??...

ah...cause there is no room to park on the front yard obviously...you people in London are downright troglodytes.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member

koira

Premium Member

There is no front yard. It's a driveway and a two foot wide strip of grass. where are they going to pile the snow , London is one of the last places in Ontario that still gets a decent dump of snow. No room for race cars, parts cars, part outs, beaters, project cars, boats, trailers. Sad just sad.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

Any word on this project, or has it been buried by this whole Fontana-hole thing?

yes, got the full council vote a couple of days ago...green light (as i expected).
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

This place will be a zoo when everyone comes over at Christmas. I don't see any guest parking and that should be required in the zoning.

that road is already a zoo as there are often cars on the sides of the roads as it is.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to koira

to koira
said by koira:

No room for race cars, parts cars, part outs, beaters, project cars, boats, trailers. Sad just sad.

Sad indeed. London is just so...uncivilized. Now excuse I've got popcorn a brewin for my new series Buckwild.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
Given the make up of Council (ie Fontana's 8) they can do whatever they want.
"Thanks for the public input - but our developer friends want it their way"

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

yea, i knew before going into the meeting it was going to get pushed through...the city wants the $300k/year in property tax and doesn't give a shit about anything else...i seriously considered moving, but it would be too costly to do so.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member

koira

Premium Member

Any idea what's planned for that field across from the end of that town house strip. Maybe a big box outlet complex ?

joeblow3
join:2000-12-27
h0h0h0

joeblow3

I believe it is light industrial/office. Probably another stupid Medical/dental building to start.

Seems London likes to allow more than our needed share of Medical/Dental buildings around this town. I see at least 3 in the Northwest area that are brand new and empty. I also see at least 6 more that have been built in the last 5 years. Just in the Hyde Park vicinity. And I see some attempting zoning changes in this are for new ones to go up.

Can't see a big box. We already have all the recent big box stores nearby, Walmart, Lowes, Copps, Rona, Home depot not far, Maybe a large grocery chain? But it is not zoned for that.

Bill

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

Any idea what's planned for that field across from the end of that town house strip. Maybe a big box outlet complex ?

not likely a big box outlet (they are further up the street)...as joeblow3 mentioned, likely a warehouse or office type building...i'm not sure what "business" would go there, as it isn't overly close to the highways, so a warehouse doesn't make much sense (unless it would be for a strictly local company, but there are plenty of vacant buildings around the city).