Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

amn70

@optonline.net
reply to Jmartz

Re: Pixelization, freezing, black screen on certain channels

said by Jmartz:

Cordless phones can also cause problems with cable boxes.

Interesting though highly unlikely scenario in this case. Two of the boxes with trouble are nowhere near a cordless phone and the phones in the house aren't in use at the time of the issue anyway.

Also now for the 3rd day in a row the problem began to start up at about 10pm. Its 10:02pm right now and its beginning to manifest itself. I am starting to see a pattern with this. Not sure what is so significant about 10pm eastern time to trigger this but I bet just like the last two days it will happen in varying degrees during the hour and then stop about 11pm. Now it does happen at other times of the day but this is the first time I am seeing a pattern 3 days in a row in the same timeframe or so its seems anyway. The degree that it manifests itself varies from minor to unwatchable.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by amn70 :

said by Jmartz:

Cordless phones can also cause problems with cable boxes.

Interesting though highly unlikely scenario in this case. Two of the boxes with trouble are nowhere near a cordless phone and the phones in the house aren't in use at the time of the issue anyway.

Also now for the 3rd day in a row the problem began to start up at about 10pm. Its 10:02pm right now and its beginning to manifest itself. I am starting to see a pattern with this. Not sure what is so significant about 10pm eastern time to trigger this but I bet just like the last two days it will happen in varying degrees during the hour and then stop about 11pm. Now it does happen at other times of the day but this is the first time I am seeing a pattern 3 days in a row in the same timeframe or so its seems anyway. The degree that it manifests itself varies from minor to unwatchable.

sounds like interference from another RF device entering the cable line.

--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata