Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

[DVR] DCX 3400 Recordings Cancelled

All of my series recordings on both of my DVRs were cancelled by the system today. Anyone else have this happen today?

JMac001
Premium
join:2006-05-20
Ridley Park, PA

Yep. Same here - Series schedule cancellation by the system. For all my scheduled series. There are a couple threads over at Comcast's forum. Folks who were foolish enough to call Comcast Support all report that Comcast insists there is no problem, and that they should just re-power their DVR box. Don’t you just love it?

Mine said they were all cancelled by the system at 6:31 am yesterday (Wednesday, 12/12/2012). Also, my DVR history only shows 9 series cancelled but in reality a lot more than that were cancelled. Many of them won't air again until next summer or fall and thus cannot be re-scheduled until they are once again listed in that piece of horrible software that Comcast has the nerve to call "iGuide".

I REALLY have to get a better recording setup! (Tivo? HTPC?)

Jim
--
J-Mac

dave3870

@comcast.net
reply to owlyn

All of my scheduled recording are gone too. There was some sort of "upgrade" but comcast is denying it. Either support doesn't know about the upgrade or they have been told to blame a "power surge on you dvr box". I told support that several other people are complaining about it in the support forums and she was clueless.

There is no way to restore... have to reschedule all of them again.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

said by dave3870 :

There was some sort of "upgrade" but comcast is denying it. Either support doesn't know about the upgrade or they have been told to blame a "power surge on you dvr box".

Well, if you and the others on this thread are in Delaware or Chester counties in PA, then according to this thread on the iGuide A30 upgrades (»Re: iGuide A30), that was the upgrade that likely just reset your DVRs: "Delco/Chester (Freedom): December 11, 2012"

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
reply to owlyn

I would post this in the Comcast Direct Forum.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to owlyn

said by owlyn:

All of my series recordings on both of my DVRs were cancelled by the system today. Anyone else have this happen today?

I'm in the Newtown area also and DVR series recording settings are just fine here.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I called CC from work today, and the rep knew of many, many people calling with this problem. It apparently did not affect everyone. the rep said it was a problem with the guide data. Everything went to To Be Announced suddenly, and that's what caused the problem (she says). So, it appears to have been some sort of hiccup. Maybe it just happened to certain corps, as each has a different lineup.

I am checking with some of my inside contacts to see if I can get a better explanation. Let you know here if I find out anything.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

FYI - There is currently an active thread on the Comcast Help and Support Forums about this: »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···/1502161