share rss forum feed

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3

[Help] 2003 Dodge RAM brake line rip

I had the passenger side rear brake line rip apart where it attaches to the caliper today while my truck was sitting in my driveway. I say rip... it was more like disintegrate. It wasn't cut... anyway, not the point.

There is a small metal "tube" that attaches to the caliber and from that the rubber hose which runs up to a junction and attaches to a metal line near the axle.

I can only find a driver's side rear brake line replacement and not a passenger side from car-stuff.com.
»www.car-stuff.com/store/dodgeram···Page%3A6

Is the driver's side and passenger's side the same? They appear to be the same but thought I'd ask here first.
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

said by exocet_cm:

I had the passenger side rear brake line rip apart where it attaches to the caliper today while my truck was sitting in my driveway. I say rip... it was more like disintegrate. It wasn't cut... anyway, not the point.

Do you have a dog or any animals? Dogs will chew through brake hoses as they like the rubber feel on their teeth. Other animals will do the same thing for the same reason. Do you see teeth marks?

said by exocet_cm:

There is a small metal "tube" that attaches to the caliber and from that the rubber hose which runs up to a junction and attaches to a metal line near the axle.

I can only find a driver's side rear brake line replacement and not a passenger side from car-stuff.com.
»www.car-stuff.com/store/dodgeram···Page%3A6

Is the driver's side and passenger's side the same? They appear to be the same but thought I'd ask here first.

Nope, Most all vehicles have a Left and Right on the rear or front and they are not interchangeable at all unless they are described as fitting either side.

Try the Rock Auto Catalog. »www.rockauto.com/

You need to know 2 or 4 Wheel Drive, Rear ABS only or 4 Wheel ABS and a few other options that change the parts depending on the engine and series (1500, 2500, 3500) .

For example a 2003 : DODGE : RAM 1500 PICKUP : 3.7L V6 SOHC uses these different hoses on the rear.

»www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco···ype,1792
quote:
CENTRIC Part # 15067348
RWD; Rear Left
4WD; Rear Left
$11.53

CENTRIC Part # 15067349
RWD; Rear Right
4WD; Rear Right
$11.84
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

exocet_cm
Premium
New Orleans, LA

2003 Dodge RAM 2500 5.7(?) liter V8 2 wheel drive.

I'll look it up on the site you listed.

Thanks

exocet_cm
Premium
New Orleans, LA

1 recommendation

reply to Doctor Olds

Click for full size
This is it right here. Negative on the bit marks but you brought up a good point. My sister's dog was in town last weekend and the damn nice little dog loves to chew on everything.

Thank man!
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

You are welcome. Glad to help when I can.