uniqs
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

2013 Internet Security

Is the 2013 Internet Security reviews up for grabs? I'd like to read how well AVG did, the interface is slick, went to two different sites, one said BitDefender was #1 and another said VIPERE did #1..

-Rob

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

Considering the question and the date specified, you may be asking too much of the A/V testing companies and the dateline generally.

Are you sure you didn't mean 2012 end of year results?

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

2 recommendations

Msradell to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
I haven't seen an overall review yet but I'm sure there is one out there someplace. Most of the 2013 security packages have been out in the marketplace for several months now so I'm sure somebody has done a review.

I do know there has been a lot of discussion about Norton Internet Security 2013. The biggest problem is that you could no longer have a local vault to store password in other information in, it is now stored on the cloud! Many people do that appreciate the change in any way (including myself).

joselso
@technion.ac.il

joselso

Anon

Installing NIS 2012 first, then defining local Identity Safe ("Vault"), and only then upgrading if necessary to NIS 2013, will keep the "vault" local unless you agree to include it in your on-line Norton Account.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
I noticed that Bitdefender got the top rating of Advanced+ from AV Comparatives most recent real world tests, along with a few others. I am thinking of getting rid of Avast on my current desktop and MSE on the new Shuttle based system I built back in August and getting the 3 PC version of their Antivirus Plus. They are currently offering it for $49.99. The 3rd copy would go on a new Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook I just bought and which arrive today. It has a trial version of Norton on it, which has yet to be activated. I plan to remove it as well as some other trialware that was put on the PC.

Avast got the Advanced rating, and MSE did not even get rated. A recent post here indicated that AV Comparatives dropped them from their ratings because of low scores.
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Yup, hence my question 2013 Internet Security software list. Trying to find out how AVG did.

-Rob

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
Look at these tests -

Real World Protection-Test August-November 2012
»www.av-comparatives.org/ ··· ic-tests
Comparison chart: »chart.av-comparatives.or ··· art1.php

Ultimate Endurance Test for Internet Security Suites
http://www.av-test.org/fileadmin/pdf...ss_english.pdf

Proactive Security Challenge 64
»www.matousec.com/project ··· ults.php

MRG Flash Tests
»www.mrg-effitas.com/curr ··· results/

MRG Online Banking and Endpoint Security
»www.mrg-effitas.com/curr ··· -2012-7/
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

MRG and Matousec....surely you are kidding. Those are not reputable testing sites. Go back in history here to when we had outstanding members who really knew their security stuff...you won't find MRG or Matousec (after he sold out) recommended.

Trend Micro scored 100% blocking in real world AV-Comparatives test. No other one scored that high although several including Bit Defender, F-Secure and GData were very close.

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
outpost is currently offering there 3 user lifetime license for the price of a 1year 3 person license
Rob_
Premium Member
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

How good is outpost? I just don't want to put something on my PC that misses crap.

-Rob

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac

Premium Member

said by Rob_:

How good is outpost? I just don't want to put something on my PC that misses crap.

-Rob

so far the AV seems soso, but the firewall is top notch, it's also a HIPS so any malware should in theory be stopped by the firewall if the av doesn't catch it