Search similar:

uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Intel Identity Protection Technology plugins?

I have these plugins on Fx 10 ESR, Opera 12.11 and SeaMonkey 2.13.2 on Windows 8 Pro. I went to Intel's webpage but it doesn't have much information. I know this technology is supposed to be stronger than user/password and it sounds good for Paypal and EBay...but how do I use it? I googled but not that much information.

The plugins are not on IE 10. I wonder why.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

I have these plugins on Fx 10 ESR, Opera 12.11 and SeaMonkey 2.13.2 on Windows 8 Pro. I went to Intel's webpage but it doesn't have much information. I know this technology is supposed to be stronger than user/password and it sounds good for Paypal and EBay...but how do I use it? I googled but not that much information.

The plugins are not on IE 10. I wonder why.

Considering what this suggests and those sites with random names linked to Intel sites you may notice if looking, I'm not sure what I trust any more.

/Troll alert.

Back to the question, I had believed games and some of the share tools, steam, valve etc where to be kicked out with the new direction, so why is this appearing.

Seems contradictory to some extent?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

This is not supposed to be on consumer desktops or most laptops. It is supposed to be on all ultrabooks and Enterprise laptops/desktops at the choice of the OEM. Intel says it is not on my new computer. But it is and I think Dell used the image for their XPS 13 Ultrabook on their desktop XPS 8500 computers. Intell says Dell has it only on the XPS 13 Ultrabook and three Enterprise Optiplexes (where dell touts it as a security feature). But I have it installed on this desktop.

As for IE 10, I wonder if it doesn't need a plugin to use it?

I went to Ebay (I haven't used it in years) and couldn't find anything about using this to have more secure login, etc and yet Ebay and PayPal are two that use it....but how? Yeah, steam is supposed to use it.

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

From what I gather it would be based on you using the same computer and using hardware ID's to help in the process of the ever changing code it supplies to the web site log-in.

As for IE10 is is possibly because Windows 8 uses secure boot, and the enhancements there may help the hardware ID to the log-in authentication ID process.