TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to frdrizzt

Re: Can't get to advanced settings with new programming guide

Wilt later answered the posts on settings to say they are cloud based. Assuming he is right (and it would be foolish to assume he was wrong), then the delay will vary.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

dtremain

join:2007-02-15
Florham Park, NJ
Is the Guide now cloud-based as well? It seems to take varying amounts of time to open.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
In the Conference Call when they initially explained it, they said the guide would be Hybrid. They said that some would be on the box but since it would have a lot more days of data, some of the data would be in the cloud.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to TheWiseGuy
The settings definitely has cloud components, as I've seen errors saying it was unable to sync when modifying settings, or something along those lines when it first launched in October. It's also why when I have unplugged the box for any reason, it powers on to channel 2, despite "last channel" being saved (and not the case when just switch the box to standby).

He said he did something to fix it, either reboot or wait. If it was just "wait" though, I'd expect it would have been resolved before an hour.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
Given that wait solved the posters problem in the other group AND that the poster who answered with the solution said

I had the same issues....Actually, once the new guide has fully installed (takes quite some time even after a reboot), you can access the menus as before...but the reaction is weird.

One down-rocker gives the first level, pressing another time, causes a blink on the TV screen....and you think the feature is missing or busted...it's not...just don't press again and WAIT...5-20 seconds and the next level will appear! I know, it sounds crazy but...that's the implementation!

It would not surprise me if many people do not simply wait because they think that pressing setting a second time did not work and press settings again.
--

dtremain

join:2007-02-15
Florham Park, NJ
reply to frdrizzt
I've noticed the "last channel" flukiness.

If I change channels with anything other than a direct chnage to the DVR (say, using the app on a phone or ipad), the next time I trun it on, it skips back to whatever channel I had chosen directly last.