bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US

[Telephone] Caller ID on TV?

We are currently visiting family in Greenville, SC and they have Charter triple play with everything. I have bright house networks in FL and we have had CID on TV forever and didn't realize how useful it was until I have been here for a little bit. Anyways, when asked about it the sister-in-law called customer service and asked about it the rep didn't know if they offered it or what she was talking about. Does anyone here know if Charter offers this and the script reader just doesn't know? Thanks...
--

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Not offered here in my area, it that's worth anything. I know Comcast has it, just around the corner from me.

Charter is always the last to do anything!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
I figured that as it wasn't on their website. It just seems standard fare to get certain things like this where we live. Guess we're a little spoiled Thank you.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
As I said, it's not in my area, but everything with Charter varies by area also.
--
The Firefox alternative.

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
said by cork1958:

everything with Charter varies by area also.

All cablecos offer different services in different markets. I guess we'll see if someone actually does have this in any market. They don't mention anything about it on their website.

herpdurp

@charter.com
reply to bobjohnson
does anyone really care about caller id on the tv? because what i want is something else on my screen inclusing the channel logo while wathching football. how lazy is someone who cant look down at their phone and see it?

smithduluth

join:2006-10-26
Duluth, MN
reply to bobjohnson
I think it's very handy to have on my tvs. I have a wireline from my OBI100 VOIP box on GoogleVoice connected to my DishNetwork receiver and all my wired phones in the house. I'm hoping that GoogleVoice will still be free in 2013.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
reply to bobjohnson
It's nice for those that want/need it. But with the current number of people that are cell phone only, and with that trend expected to continue, I don't see this as a high priority feature.
--
Google is your Friend

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to bobjohnson
Dish and Directv have been offering it for years . . . . .

cork1958
Cork
Premium
reply to herpdurp
said by herpdurp :

does anyone really care about caller id on the tv? because what i want is something else on my screen inclusing the channel logo while wathching football. how lazy is someone who cant look down at their phone and see it?

Not everyone has their phone located right next to where they happen to be setting, so having the number pop up for a second or two, is nice. The few times I've seen it at my brother and sisters house, I thought it was a neat feature.

said by Dogg:

It's nice for those that want/need it. But with the current number of people that are cell phone only, and with that trend expected to continue, I don't see this as a high priority feature.

My cell phone doesn't get a dependable enough connection, inside the house, for me to cancel a landline, although I sure wish I could.
--
The Firefox alternative.

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Dish and Directv have been offering it for years . . . . .

So has TWC/bright house. I actually like Charter and so do the in-laws. I just figured with all the other stuff they have, they wouldn't have passed up something that simple. No big deal.

vickbmx

join:2004-07-06
Charter never wanted to implement that feature on their switches. More than likely due to costs. I asked that question nearly 7 years ago when I was in their telephone repair department.

FKA-chartergeorge

ananomouse

join:2011-03-13
Los Angeles, CA
its a third party service which means it has a cost.

It very well may happen but only after enough people state they are willing to pay for that service.

vickbmx

join:2004-07-06
Its not a third party service. Its an option in the phone switch settings. It's not worth the investment for them to offer it.

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
said by vickbmx:

Its not a third party service. Its an option in the phone switch settings. It's not worth the investment for them to offer it.

Sounds about right. We don't pay any extra for this with bright house but you have to have digital cable so it's more like a perk for having both.
Expand your moderator at work