abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Al1989471

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Bandwidth Counter Incorrect?

Don't forget Al that Dumeter can only record the data being consumed by one device. Some people have built proxy servers and routed all internet data through it so that they can measure the total usage of all devices. Not easily set up though, but I'm sure some of the eggheads will tell you I'm wrong. :P

Although MSE says it protects and scans for malware, I've found it misses a lot. You might try SpyBot or MalwareBytes for scanning all your machines in case there is anything rouge on them using data.

No chance you just started using Netflix or some other streaming service? Rogers anywhere tv, is pretty shifty about using the word FREE everywhere, but it does use data when you watch it online.

I find it pretty sad that we're running around like idiots worrying about usage just so Rogers can capitalize on data and penalize you for not watching cable tv and using streaming.

Some of us here are old enough to remember how ridiculous long distance rates used to be. Remember waiting till 11pm to make a call to another area code? Let alone another province or country? Now long distance is practically free or costs pennies and Bell is still the most profitable company in Canada.

... but I digress...