uniqs

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

2 recommendations

DataRiker

Premium Member

WTF?

So we can spend money on this ridiculous shit, but god forbid we have affordable healthcare.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

It's all in who does the lobbying.

Anything to make money. Help people? Forget that.

precis1
@mi.us

precis1 to DataRiker

Anon

to DataRiker
Exactly! We shouldn't be spending tax dollars on either of them.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to Os

Premium Member

to Os
the bit that is missed is that when you help people, you help everyone.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

DataRiker to precis1

Premium Member

to precis1
said by precis1 :

Exactly! We shouldn't be spending tax dollars on either of them.

Says the person from a tax funded IP address

Receiving gov health insurance no doubt
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

1 recommendation

elray to DataRiker

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

So we can spend money on this ridiculous shit, but god forbid we have affordable healthcare.

Healthcare is affordable.

When you expect someone else to pay the bill in your name, and you intentionally mislabel it "health insurance", you enable the cost the skyrocket.

TheGiantLie
@die.net

TheGiantLie to DataRiker

Anon

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

Cancer = Real.
Al Qaeda = Fake.

Cancer costs money money to treat.
Al Qaeda makes money to fight.

...if this gets posted there is still hope for this Country.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Glad to see others are waking up, AL-CIA-DA is fake, designed to lower our freedoms to nil.

Time to take a step back to 1776 and leave 1984 behind.

-Rob
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

jc10098 to DataRiker

to DataRiker
Big Brother has come to fruition. We're now that Orwellian Society where you're watched for anything and everything. Give it time and Minority Report won't be such science fiction. One can imagine the government drawing patterns on people to arrest those WHO MIGHT commit a crime based upon loose evidence.

Thanks Bush for creating the slippery slope and Thanks Obama for keeping the status quo alive. You BOTH ARE MISERABLE FAILURES and SORRY excuses of LEADERSHIP for American Democracy.
NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium Member
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA

NOVA_UAV_Guy to precis1

Premium Member

to precis1
Bingo!

A person's health is their own responsibility. And a person's conversation is their own business.

Unfortunately an already-overbloated government and the fanboys of fiscal malfeasance don't seem to understand that stealing more from those who work under the guise of "helping" eventually does far more harm than good.

A small government which works within a strict framework of restrictions to its scope and power is my preferred style.
TheRogueX
join:2003-03-26
Springfield, MO

TheRogueX

lol

Heathcare is so overly expensive in this country, and you expect that BS to fly?
TheRogueX

TheRogueX to elray

to elray
No it's not. It's not affordable at all, unless you're lucky and have a job that has insurance. What country do you live in?
TheRogueX

TheRogueX to Rob_

to Rob_
Yay conspiracy theory!

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi to elray

Premium Member

to elray
LOL, lay off the pipe dude! $6000+ for a CT scan is not affordable. Heart valve transplant at $200,000 is affordable? Next time think.
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM to elray

to elray

healthcare is not affordable in the US

said by elray:

said by DataRiker:

Healthcare is affordable.

No, on the contrary, it's certainly not, and that's actually a fact.
said by elray:

When you expect someone else to pay the bill in your name, and you intentionally mislabel it "health insurance", you enable the cost the skyrocket.

Exactly!

You have true premises that explain exactly why healthcare in the US is not affordable, yet your argument is invalid, because your conclusion doesn't follow from your premises.

Have you ever tried going to a private lab with a prescription for some kind of blood test for which the materials cost way under 10–20 dollar range? (I.e. probably most blood tests, in fact.)

How much are they going to charge you?

Why would they charge you 200$ if you pay cash up front, when they would only charge an insurance company something like the actual cost to draw blood and perform the test, e.g. 50$?

There should be regulations for the cash prices to be comparable to how much insurance companies would be charged for the same services. Cash costs shouldn't be 4× of what the heath insurance companies are charged.

I shouldn't have to find a "fake" bulk doctor online who can offer a pre-paid voucher for the very same service at the same private lab (e.g. Quest), if my actual real doctor from another network (e.g. Kaiser) already gave me a prescription (that my network's lab doesn't offer, and for which I want to pay cash directly at another private lab, since it cannot be billed directly to my doctor).

Costs should reflect the service, not how much leverage you have on the negotiating table.

And, for the record, RomneyCare/ObamaCare don't seem to be addressing the health insurance industry corruption at all, other than creating more revenue and even more leverage for the private sector health insurance companies.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to DataRiker

to DataRiker

This is no surprise though bud!

They think they can do whatever they want but DONT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO! (The guilty is always worried)
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to TheGiantLie

to TheGiantLie

Re: WTF?

But personally Cancer can be treated fairly well with the availability of natural products with beneficial effects.

More knowledge of such natural ingredients like exotic fruits can help narrow down and weaken Cancer growth. I get stories from my mom's clients about how they eat something natural in a dietary amount and their diseases or illnesses goes away.

In general, Cancer is a human-caused condition, so it'll go away or at least considerably ease up if proper care is taken and proper diet and knowledge is applied.

I'm not sure of specifics, but Enzymes and Aloe Vera Juices works good for the body. Has to be a high quality kinds though.

only a tree to ArrayList

Anon

to ArrayList
The part you missed is where the CEO gives ca$h to politicians. The going rate is either a dollar for thou or per mill. I forget which.