share rss forum feed

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

VOD Ads When Turning On

Last night on one box and then again this morning on another I am getting some VOD page display when I turn things on. Anyone else? This constant pushing of VOD is getting way too intrusive.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

Can you post a picture?

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to Nezmo

Do you have pop ups disabled on your STB?

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

I only get the ads on Fridays when trying to access the guide or any menu.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to crgauth

said by crgauth:

Do you have pop ups disabled on your STB?

Yes, they are disabled.

I'll try to get a picture. It just happened again but when I tried to turn off and on again it didn't pop-up. So, twice on this box today alone but it's not every time I turn on.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to Nezmo

Here you go... you can disable it per the message in the bottom right...

--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

PaulyIzGod

join:2008-02-18
Tampa, FL
reply to Nezmo

They are going to show every Friday, because of the Friday Movie Night Specials. You can turn them off in the menu by disabling pop up alerts.

jsnwtlr
Premium
join:2004-12-16
Carrollton, TX
reply to Nezmo

I found a new Show Recommendations (or something like that)option in the Setup menus. I disabled it. I think this may be the pertinent setting.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to PaulyIzGod

said by PaulyIzGod:

They are going to show every Friday, because of the Friday Movie Night Specials. You can turn them off in the menu by disabling pop up alerts.

Again, this is not pop-up alerts. This is under Promotions and these are coming up on other days (I posted on Thursday).

In that photo above it tells you to go to Menu | Settings | Television | Promotions.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by Nezmo:

said by PaulyIzGod:

Again, this is not pop-up alerts. This is under Promotions and these are coming up on other days (I posted on Thursday).

In that photo above it tells you to go to Menu | Settings | Television | Promotions.

There is no setting like that they showed. You have to turn off Pop Ups and Interactive TV

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX

said by matcarl:

said by Nezmo:

said by PaulyIzGod:

There is no setting like that they showed. You have to turn off Pop Ups and Interactive TV

I guess we're on different software versions then. I have tried to upload another photo but it's not working right now. I'll try again shortly.

Here ya go...

Again, this is separate from Pop-ups. That is still another menu option and I've had that off for weeks.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by Nezmo:

I guess we're on different software versions then. I have tried to upload another photo but it's not working right now. I'll try again shortly.

Here ya go...

[att=1]

Again, this is separate from Pop-ups. That is still another menu option and I've had that off for weeks.

This menu item is not present in Southern California VHO3.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

There was a message on the box today that they were going to upgrade the menus, maybe that option is part of the new menu?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

1 edit

I just saw the message, thanks for the heads up. It's not here in VHO3 yet. I can't wait to see what this change breaks!

justin9876

join:2006-04-21
Keller, TX

Like Nezmo, I have the Promotions options Enable|Disable.

PaulyIzGod

join:2008-02-18
Tampa, FL

I am in Tampa, we have not received the new vod update here. so the pop-up block thing still works for everyone who hasn't received the new update.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

said by PaulyIzGod:

I am in Tampa, we have not received the new vod update here. so the pop-up block thing still works for everyone who hasn't received the new update.

So that means they changed the way to prevent the VOD popups with the new update. No one will know that.