Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: voip.ms Toronto servers

said by Gone:

Yeah, the Obi ATAs blow any of the new Cisco junk out of the water. I run the 202s myself. I had all sorts of issues with the connection randomly dropping (even during calls) and often times not reconnecting until the ATA was rebooted. Ocassionally had one-way audio issues, the wonderful multiple "Hello Hello" when a call came in, etc. Replaced them with Obi202s, and not only have the voice lines been 100% solid and not dropped once with all of the CQ issues resolved, but the fax has been 100% reliable - and even at 33.6 - when it was 50/50 with the Ciscos. I seriously don't know how they can sell those pieces of shit.

The Obi is great... I like that I can remotely change settings with it too. I do get the Hello hello occationally still. But I blame voip.ms but would be willing to conceed it could be a connection issue but I feel this is unlikely.

GreenEnvy22
join:2011-08-04
St Catharines, ON

GreenEnvy22 to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
Chicago has been rock solid, until now. Chicago was down for an hour or so this morning. Support confirmed they did emergency maintenance.
Appears to be back to normal now.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I've been using Dallas for voice in addition to fax for the last few weeks. It's been working well.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to GreenEnvy22

Premium Member

to GreenEnvy22
I've actually switched back to the Toronto servers. Looks like they've been re-provisioned elsewhere, and seem solid.

No sooner had I moved everything over to the Montreal servers, they got all wonky too. Dropped calls. Some minor packet loss.

Everything seems to be fine now [knocks on wood].

Mike

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

They're moving their Montreal servers too. Got the email a day or two ago about it.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

Yeah. The montreal servers went offline (early, before the short-notice scheduled change) last evening, leaving us without phone service until we noticed a few hours later.

Now on the Chicago servers, until they start fiddling with those. Ugh.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by mlord:

Now on the Chicago servers, until they start fiddling with those. Ugh.

Fiddling is already scheduled for the Chicago servers, for Jan 22 after 1am, just got the email notification. FYI.

Mike

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by dillyhammer:

Fiddling is already scheduled for the Chicago servers, for Jan 22 after 1am, just got the email notification. FYI.

Mike

I've been getting emails all week about their fiddling. I hope it settles down soon, if not when my credit expires I'm moving on.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

I've been getting emails all week about their fiddling. I hope it settles down soon, if not when my credit expires I'm moving on.

Yeah man. I'm pretty miffed myself. I've been looking around, but not too seriously. Yet.

Mike
graniterock
Premium Member
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

Does anybody know if this has anything to do with them switching to another provider (as discussed on this thread or somewhere else on this board?)

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by graniterock:

Does anybody know if this has anything to do with them switching to another provider (as discussed on this thread or somewhere else on this board?)

Probably, but either way a proper contingency would have been nice. I'm glad I have a land line right now.
graniterock
Premium Member
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

Agreed... I forgot to power cycle the phone in the morning and wife was without service until I got home. Not really sure why they couldn't keep services going at the old IP address for 24 hours or so until people propagated over.
knightdsl
join:2013-01-19
Kanata, ON

knightdsl to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
This is an awesome thread. I have tried Toronto and Montreal after I started Voip last week before I settled on the Tampa server a couple of days ago. So far no issues.