uniqs

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 recommendation

Draiman

Death Star Petition

We're just 88 signatures away from a Death Star! Sign now to be part of history.
»petitions.whitehouse.gov ··· wlfKzFkN
Draiman

Draiman

We did it!
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Job security for those of us in the defense industry!

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Bob4:

Job security for those of us in the defense industry!

In more ways then one!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

First target, those jerks that demoted pluto.

I guess we even have a sith lord to run it already.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

I thought Dick Cheney retired.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

Naw he was just a storm trooper.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by DarkLogix:

said by Bob4:

Dick Cheney was a Jango Fett clone?!?!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

said by DarkLogix:

said by Bob4:

Dick Cheney was a Jango Fett clone?!?!

Yep

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to Draiman

to Draiman
Haha I signed it yesterday! Was wondering how long until someone posted it up here; I was too lazy.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

Someone here made reference to it in another thread but I felt it deserved its' own thread.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
How is this supposed to cut government spending and decrease the debt?

Thank Yoda that these petitions don't carry any weight. For if they did, then we might see Pizza the hut in space as well.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Snakeoil:

How is this supposed to cut government spending and decrease the debt?

They will be spending money on space anyways. Money is there they just have to allocate it accordingly.

The door is that way! -------------------------------->
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

1 edit

Bob4 to Draiman

to Draiman
Now all we need is $852,000,000,000,000,000 and 2,200,000,000,000,000,000 pounds of steel. And 830,000 years to build it.

Source - »www.centives.net/S/2012/ ··· th-star/

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

China said they can finance it.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by I AM:

China said they can finance it.

Yea and a fraction of the cost and time.

CompUser
join:2001-11-07
Ada, OH

CompUser

and a fraction of the quality and safety.

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium Member
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

RonS to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
"In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the United States will be reorganized into the first World Empire for a safe and secure society."

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

1 recommendation

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

I got what looks like an official Email from the Whitehouse regarding the petition to build the Death Star.

And its posted on the site as well. I like the detailed response. Both tongue and cheek and informative.

»petitions.whitehouse.gov ··· eathstar

"This Is Not the Petition Response You're Looking For

By Paul Shawcross, Chief of the Science and Space Branch at the White House Office of Management and Budget

The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn't on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:

The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

However, look carefully (here's how) and you'll notice something already floating in the sky -- that's no Moon, it's a Space Station! Yes, we already have a giant, football field-sized International Space Station in orbit around the Earth that's helping us learn how humans can live and thrive in space for long durations. The Space Station has six astronauts -- American, Russian, and Canadian -- living in it right now, conducting research, learning how to live and work in space over long periods of time, routinely welcoming visiting spacecraft and repairing onboard garbage mashers, etc. We've also got two robot science labs -- one wielding a laser -- roving around Mars, looking at whether life ever existed on the Red Planet.

Keep in mind, space is no longer just government-only. Private American companies, through NASA's Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Office (C3PO), are ferrying cargo -- and soon crew -- to space for NASA, and are pursuing human missions to the Moon this decade.

Even though the United States doesn't have anything that can do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, we've got two spacecraft leaving the Solar System and we're building a probe that will fly to the exterior layers of the Sun. We are discovering hundreds of new planets in other star systems and building a much more powerful successor to the Hubble Space Telescope that will see back to the early days of the universe.

We don't have a Death Star, but we do have floating robot assistants on the Space Station, a President who knows his way around a light saber and advanced (marshmallow) cannon, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which is supporting research on building Luke's arm, floating droids, and quadruped walkers.

We are living in the future! Enjoy it. Or better yet, help build it by pursuing a career in a science, technology, engineering or math-related field. The President has held the first-ever White House science fairs and Astronomy Night on the South Lawn because he knows these domains are critical to our country's future, and to ensuring the United States continues leading the world in doing big things.

If you do pursue a career in a science, technology, engineering or math-related field, the Force will be with us! Remember, the Death Star's power to destroy a planet, or even a whole star system, is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Tell us what you think about this response and We the People.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

»news.yahoo.com/blogs/tic ··· ics.html
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
So not death star.

Maybe we should aim for smaller material requirements then.

next petition should be a TARDIS.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

At least aim for something the government can't copy and paste someone else's article into a response.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

At least aim for something the government can't copy and paste someone else's article into a response.

Sorry not possible.

by the time enough have signed it someone will have written an artical for and against it.

How about a Moon base.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to CompUser

Premium Member

to CompUser
said by CompUser:

How do you think that thermal vent got there. Clearly the one in the Star Wars setting was built in the SW version of china! I bet it was even painted grey with lead paint.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Kearnstd:

said by CompUser:

How do you think that thermal vent got there. Clearly the one in the Star Wars setting was built in the SW version of china! I bet it was even painted grey with lead paint.

Of course it was lead paint. How else can you keep Jedi mind control out?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

said by Kearnstd:

said by CompUser:

Of course it was lead paint. How else can you keep Jedi mind control out?

Naw not lead paint but solid lead (or that's what the sales rep said, bet they cheeped out and only used paint.)

Gotta block all that cosmic radiation too you know.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

Look at all the permanent jobs this would create!

"Life on the Death Star
It takes more than a million people to operate the Death Star and there is room for over a billion people on board. There are always at least 1,161,293 Imperials stationed on the Death Star at any given time.

The standard complement of personnel includes:
265,675 Station crew
52,276 gunners
607,360 troops
25,984 Stormtroopers
42,782 ship support staff
167,216 pilots and support crew"

The death star can hold 800 million to a billion people too!
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

Really? I thought there were just three guys in funny hats who ducked when they fired the weapon.

Besides, if there really were that many people on board, why weren't the Jedi complaining about the great disturbance in the Force when the death stars were destroyed?

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Bob4:

Really? I thought there were just three guys in funny hats who ducked when they fired the weapon.

Besides, if there really were that many people on board, why weren't the Jedi complaining about the great disturbance in the Force when the death stars were destroyed?

You mean the Jedi committing the mass murder or the one's running the mass murder machine?

Here's the size of the death star as it relates to other sci-fi stuff.
»www.merzo.net/100mpp.htm
»www.merzo.net

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman
We missed the required signatures on the cat girl one