spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mak

join:2011-09-10

[Internet] How can I become pignable to do the test of dlsreport

I got a segemcom 2864 and I'm looking at the options of the modem and I can't find how to do that. I tried dmz but it did not work.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

Re: [Internet] How can I become pignable to do the test of dlsre

What ?

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
im not sure what u mean? and im not sure what modem u have? don't you mean bell "connection hub"? cant u type ping google.com and it should work, no?
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
said by Paolo:

im not sure what u mean? and im not sure what modem u have? don't you mean bell "connection hub"? cant u type ping google.com and it should work, no?

not sure what modem??? hahaha he said the sagemcom 2864 in the OP and as far as I can tell he hasn't edited his post as the forums usually show that.

your work center must have this thing for calling it a 'connection hub'. You seem to be quite unwavering in your quest to have us all call it that, which is kind of humorous.

The majority of bell people I interact with from windsor to quebec city refer to it simply as a 'sagemcom'.

to the OP Mak:

I'm not sure what your talking about either. can you clarify your problem?
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Mak
Making a guess here, I assume you want your machine (computer/notebook/device) to be pingable from within the Internet (necessary if you want to use a few of the site tools here such as SmokePing).

I am not familiar with that modem, however if you put your machine on the DMZ and still aren't pingable it’s because the firewall in your OS is blocking it. You will have to allow ICMP from within your OS' firewall settings, and also within the modem itself (unless you wish to level your machine on the DMZ).