share rss forum feed

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

Haste cap?

Does anyone know if there is a haste cap for hunters?

Also, Settlers of Catan is fun as shit! I got it for my wife as an early Christmas present and a two friends my wife and I played last night and had a blast!
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
Haste is worst stat. Reforge out of it.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
reply to Savious Zero
said by Savious Zero:

Does anyone know if there is a haste cap for hunters?

Also, Settlers of Catan is fun as shit! I got it for my wife as an early Christmas present and a two friends my wife and I played last night and had a blast!

I sent the link to the game on Amazon hoping Arch would get it for me... doubt he did :P.

"hmmm.. I need wood. Do you guys have wood?..."
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Lothario
Assuming you're playing as BM hunter, then haste is not your best stat. You want to get to (or very very close to) the hit/exp caps (7.5%), then you want crit. Mastery would be my next pick, then haste. BM hunters don't spend nearly as much time casting cobra/steady shot, plus we have abilities that assist with focus regen. Don't get me wrong, SOME haste is good... but this isn't like 4.1 when everyone was running as MM and trying to fit in as many steadies as they could between Chimera Shots.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to Savious Zero
Agree with Caelharrad, don't waste your reforge on anything but crit if you have the choice.

Caelharrad

Fenton, MO
said by clawfury:

Agree with Caelharrad, don't waste your reforge on anything but crit if you have the choice.

Was going to reply, then saw you added "if you have the choice", which is correct. Meaning, let's assume you've reached hit/exp cap. You get a piece of gear with haste/hit. Extra hit is useless since you're capped, so reforge the hit into crit. Now, if the gear had crit/hit, you would reforge the hit into either mastery or haste, since reforging into crit isn't an option. Your # 1 priority is to be in that 7.3% to 7.5% range for both hit and expertise. Reforge out of any hit/expertise that puts you over that range. (Being in the 7.5-7.7% range isn't exactly a criminal offense, but I'd try to avoid it.)

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Or go to Mr. Robot and listen to his advice and Gem Reforge as close to what he says as you can.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Savious Zero
said by Savious Zero:

Also, Settlers of Catan is fun as shit!

Leave it to the Germans to develop a game about expansion of a colony to take over a given land space.

pjhofmann

join:2000-08-22
Cary, NC
reply to Tweakbl
I don't particularly trust Mr. Robot, I'm a Mage and he tells me to reforge to expertise on 2 of my items.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by pjhofmann:

I don't particularly trust Mr. Robot, I'm a Mage and he tells me to reforge to expertise on 2 of my items.

lulz

pjhofmann

Cary, NC
Wow, I'm out of it, according to Wowpedia...

As of Patch 5.0.4, Expertise also increases Spell hit for casters by the same amount.

I guess Mr. Robot has something after all.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by Savious Zero:

Leave it to the Germans to develop a game about expansion of a colony to take over a given land space.

it would be better if it was british made...
/l2history
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Savious Zero
Im not BM, never enjoyed it in past expansions. Im marksman and it feels that haste would be my most productive stat.

Antonica, I have wood, but I need sheep. My wood your sheep? =P
--

Caelharrad

Fenton, MO
Well then - I haven't played MM since Cata, but really the only thing that switches then is that haste becomes better than mastery. So, for MM:
get hit/exp capped >> crit > haste > mastery

Haste is going to help you cast steadies faster, and help with focus regen... but it's still not as good as crit.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
mkay. I was trying to decide what would be better. Seems the spec revolves around steady and steady procs, so shooting more of them seemed good.

Reforgd to crit, not haste than?
--

Skittles
Premium
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

said by Skittles:

said by Savious Zero:

it would be better if it was british made...
/l2history

see how I connected the country of origin for the game with the known history of said company's country....I history fine thanks ;0)

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by Savious Zero:

Have you played Puerto Rico?

It involves you building up a plantation. One of the key game play actions is getting "settlers" from a captain, who drops off a bunch in a round, and leaves to refill afterwards.

And these settlers are represented by little brown tokens.

Yeah.

Its the best game I've ever played, but boy howdy are those implications unfortunate.

Skittles
Premium
Yeah that is boderline racism, but I remember a guildie saying something about Worgens back in BC (when you would get those books in Kara and they would morph the user into a Worgen for a dps increase)...he stated something along the lines of it being racist how the Worgens were black animals in shackles that went beserk and also if you spell Worgen backwards.....well you get the picture.
I dont think blizzard was being racist when they made them but like you said the implications are unfortunate.

Cuthgar

join:2009-07-14
Palmdale, CA
reply to pjhofmann
Maybe im missing the joke, but as far as reforging into expertise as a mage, I'm pretty sure expertise = spell hit now, so the items it wants you to reforge most likely already have hit on it.

pjhofmann

Cary, NC
No joke, I'm an old timer, took off for a bit and came back for MoP but don't put the time/energy I use to in it so I didn't realize expertise = spell hit now.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Lothario
said by Lothario:

Haste is worst stat. Reforge out of it.

He's new... Savious, google is your friend.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
rumor has it, he's not really new... he just enjoys playing dumb... like Mila Kunis.

Skittles
Premium
»25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mckfe···_500.jpg

she needs to taste the rainbow....hope she is not to dumb for that reference.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
she only plays dumb... she's actually pretty smart.

Hoombaba

@child-controls.com
reply to Savious Zero
said by Savious Zero:

mkay. I was trying to decide what would be better. Seems the spec revolves around steady and steady procs, so shooting more of them seemed good.

Sav:

Agreed crit is tops after hit/exp capping. But to answer a couple of your questions:

1. There is no 'hard' haste cap, where adding more haste does absolutely zero. It will always speed up your auto shots.

2. Steady shot does absolute crap for damage, so you really want to shoot as few of them as possible except for keeping up Steady Focus and focus regen. I dont think it pays off to use steady instead of other shots to try to proc more Master Marksman instants. Aimed Shot isn't even that strong anymore (sadly) compared to Chimera so the extra instant AiS won't make up for the dps you lose firing steady instead of arcane, say.

Good luck with your MM spec.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
said by Hoombaba :

said by Savious Zero:

Sav:

Agreed crit is tops after hit/exp capping. But to answer a couple of your questions:

1. There is no 'hard' haste cap, where adding more haste does absolutely zero. It will always speed up your auto shots.

2. Steady shot does absolute crap for damage, so you really want to shoot as few of them as possible except for keeping up Steady Focus and focus regen. I dont think it pays off to use steady instead of other shots to try to proc more Master Marksman instants. Aimed Shot isn't even that strong anymore (sadly) compared to Chimera so the extra instant AiS won't make up for the dps you lose firing steady instead of arcane, say.

Good luck with your MM spec.

I see. I was just wondering if it was possible to get SS to go below a 1 second cast time, really. I guess since everything else is basically an instant cast it really wouldnt make that much of a difference.....

Unless you stack a lot of Mastery and Haste for Wild Quiver procs? Hmm.
--