join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Insilin1i

Re: Upgrading phone -- Rogers is nuts

said by Insilin1i:

I always do the hardware upgrades with Rogers because in the end you're going to be paying the same price monthly with or without the subsidized phone. Also when your 3 years ends you can always unlock the phone through Rogers.

But you are stuck for 3yrs, with an unlocked/no contract deal, you can jump at the first good deal that comes along.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by elwoodblues:

said by Insilin1i:

I always do the hardware upgrades with Rogers because in the end you're going to be paying the same price monthly with or without the subsidized phone. Also when your 3 years ends you can always unlock the phone through Rogers.

But you are stuck for 3yrs, with an unlocked/no contract deal, you can jump at the first good deal that comes along.

There is some merit to that point. The big 3 doesn't often come up with good deals and if they do, they are subsequently copied by everyone else anyways.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

you dont know how many ppl are dying to pay the early upgrade fee, ie more money, to upgrade to a phone sooner. people dont think they just pay pay pay
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!