Search similar:

uniqs
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry

Premium Member

[Voip.ms] Voip.ms - incoming calls not completing

Bad problem today with no audio on incoming calls to Voip.ms ported DIDs. DIDs purchased directly from Voip.ms seem to be okay. Anyone else experiencing this?
azmike5
join:2012-07-19
Phoenix, AZ

azmike5

FWIW I've had two incoming calls to a ported DID. Audio on both was just fine, however one of the callers told me it took a long time for the phone to ring. I called from my cell phone and sure enough it took about 20 seconds before I heard ringing but the call did complete correctly.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to lilarry

to lilarry
Just tried a test call to my Voip.ms DID (ported to them from Bell Canada) no issues, call completed as expected as on 1:20pm Dec 13.

NefCanuck
lilarry
Premium Member

lilarry

Premium Member

It appears the problem is limited to DIDs in the New York area that were ported in the last few weeks. Perhaps Sandy related?

pauleyisle
@verizon.net

pauleyisle

Anon

i wish but not related to sandy or to a particular server or my equipment, can confirm that

sometimes incoming is ok, but half the time not which is scary, try it throughout the day and you will see, is an ongoing problem with no resolution and no real help from them, I don't think they care, getting rid of voip.ms as soon as possible now

and the person who wrote waiting for 20 seconds and then the call completed? come on, that's just no good at all, useless
lilarry
Premium Member

1 edit

lilarry

Premium Member

said by pauleyisle :

i wish but not related to sandy or to a particular server or my equipment, can confirm that

Are you in the New York area? And how can you confirm that the issue is not related to the storm?
azmike5
join:2012-07-19
Phoenix, AZ

azmike5 to pauleyisle

to pauleyisle
said by pauleyisle :

and the person who wrote waiting for 20 seconds and then the call completed? come on, that's just no good at all, useless

Breathe deep, close your eyes for a moment, take another deep breath. Maybe repeat a few times... Relax...

If this were the norm for Voip.ms or any provider for that matter I'd be gone yesterday. However in my 2 1/2 years with Voip.ms this is certainly quite rare.

If you're looking for absolute perfection in any voip provider I have a feeling you may be looking for a long while. On the other hand if you find the perfect provider be sure to report back to us!
lilarry
Premium Member

lilarry

Premium Member

If this were the norm for Voip.ms or any provider for that matter I'd be gone yesterday. However in my 2 1/2 years with Voip.ms this is certainly quite rare.

If you're looking for absolute perfection in any voip provider I have a feeling you may be looking for a long while. On the other hand if you find the perfect provider be sure to report back to us!

Likewise - been with Voip.ms since 2008 and do $$ tens of thousands in business with them every year. They're good people, but stuff always happens with voip and diagnosis is often perplexing, which is why we post here - not to bitch and moan but to compare notes. Plus, all support teams can get overwhelmed. It's frustrating on our end when we don't get our needs met right away, so we post here to compare notes and sometimes to vent, but really, frustrating or not, Voip.ms support is still among the very best.

That being said, I'd be happy to hear about any perfect voip providers myself.

pauleyisle
@verizon.net

pauleyisle to azmike5

Anon

to azmike5
whatever, that is what is happening and not just me, read these threads, just the tip of the iceberg, they are not reliable for incoming and have done nothing to solve it

tried DIDs in NY, tried DIDs in FL, tried DIDs in CA, all same story, half the time incoming calls don't get through, tried different servers to no avail, tech support tickets fumbled between their tech(s) and nothing resolved, so with great pain I have found voip.ms totally unreliable for incoming

defend them if you want, just sharing so other folks don't waste their time and money chasing phantom "issues" - the issue is their system does not have adequate capacity or is otherwise defective in some way, that's the bottom line, if you want to keep giving your money go ahead but they have fixed nothing at all but have certainly posted a lot of loud remarks here which is kind of weird for a professional company

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

j1349705

Premium Member

said by pauleyisle :

whatever, that is what is happening and not just me, read these threads, just the tip of the iceberg, they are not reliable for incoming and have done nothing to solve it

tried DIDs in NY, tried DIDs in FL, tried DIDs in CA, all same story, half the time incoming calls don't get through, tried different servers to no avail, tech support tickets fumbled between their tech(s) and nothing resolved, so with great pain I have found voip.ms totally unreliable for incoming

defend them if you want, just sharing so other folks don't waste their time and money chasing phantom "issues" - the issue is their system does not have adequate capacity or is otherwise defective in some way, that's the bottom line, if you want to keep giving your money go ahead but they have fixed nothing at all but have certainly posted a lot of loud remarks here which is kind of weird for a professional company

They have admitted that they are going to add capacity in New York, Chicago, and Montreal. They will also move the Toronto system to a new datacenter. Every company experiences growing pains - even the biggest names in the industry.

Right now we don't even know if the OP's issues are related to any capacity issues or other problems at VoIP.ms. They could be totally unrelated.

Not everyone is having issues or there would be a lot more complaints. I just called into a DID assigned to a DISA that I use as a calling card 10 times and each call went through every time... yes, that is a small sample size, but there was no 50% failure rate either.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to pauleyisle

Premium Member

to pauleyisle
said by pauleyisle :

so with great pain I have found voip.ms totally unreliable for incoming

Since you have already posted the exact same point more than 10 times now, we get the message.

So why not port your numbers already, and put yourself out of the great pain. Anveo and FutureNine both have porting specials now, I believe.

The totality of your posts gives the strong impression that your primary goal is bashing, not solving. Port your numbers already and be done with it.

And this is coming from someone who is [not] a big fan of Voip.MS.