how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LFHC

join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA

Clear sells

Clear shows I have coverage at my house but it says they are currently not selling service is there any way around this?

hardly
Premium
join:2004-02-10
USA

fyi

»Sprint Offering $2.1 Billion For Remainder of Clearwire

MTB

join:2007-06-29
Newport Beach, CA
reply to LFHC

At one point if you had a had a 802.?? device you could sign-up under computer and enter your MAC

LFHC

Collinsville, VA

You mean if I have my own device I could buy a modem off eBay or amazon would that work?

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
kudos:1
reply to LFHC

Be very careful about what you are getting on ebay. Many of the devices sold on ebay will not validate. Get the device MAC address from the seller and enter it on the Clear byod page before you buy. »www.clear.com/devices/byod

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
reply to hardly

+1 don't do nothing yet until we find out what this means to end users. I myself may have a nice brick .

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
reply to LFHC

said by LFHC:

Clear shows I have coverage at my house but it says they are currently not selling service is there any way around this?

When I signed up for service, they said the same thing. But I knew that my direction/distance from the tower (and elevation above it), that I could get service easily.

I used a different address that was in the coverage area. After I signed up, I then changed the service address to my actual address.

I pull 15Mbps+/1Mbps all day long.

LFHC

Collinsville, VA

Click for full size
I wonder if I could get a signal if I put up a outdoor antenna and amplifier.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to LFHC

It could be a "Protection Site". Clear (and to some extent sprint) will do this to keep their licences from elapsing in many markets... as the requirements don't require a market build, just one lonely tower

caldwelljt

join:2012-12-15
reply to xrayman

said by xrayman:

... enter it on the Clear byod page before you buy. »www.clear.com/devices/byod

I thought this sounded interesting, but am I doing something wrong? When I poked that address in I got:

"We're Sorry The page or file you are looking for is not available.

Try one of the navigation buttons above."

So I typed "http://m.clear.com/devices/byod" into Google, as well "site:clear.com byod" both show the page as saying:

"If you already own a CLEAR 4G device, it's easy to get online and connect to CLEAR's 4G wireless network."

Also tried their search.
»www.clear.com/search?site=www.cl···t&q=byod

The post was just yesterday 12/13/12 and its 12/14/12 today.

-Confused

p110011

join:2001-12-29
Oregon City, OR

said by caldwelljt:

said by xrayman:

... enter it on the Clear byod page before you buy. »www.clear.com/devices/byod

I thought this sounded interesting, but am I doing something wrong?

Yep, it works for me.